Chapter Three

Hiya everyone! Many, many congratulations to us all! Our story here, "Alpha" has crossed one thousand reads which made me delighted, so thank you all for simply reading my book and giving it a chance. And now, at last, the wait is over and the new chapter of Alpha is here! Happy Reading!

*The picture of Trisha's outfit for the auction is above.

                                                                                        ***

Trisha

The next day, I woke up to the sound of guards knocking on my door and by the time, I reached there to open it, I could've sworn that they were trying to break down the door.

Opening the door, I saw Smiley standing there and along with him was another tall, muscular guy. He was so well built that I instantly decided to name him Muscle.

"Come on, you need to get ready now," said Smiley with smugness.

"What?" I asked, not knowing what he meant.

"Can't you understand basic English? I asked you to get ready. Now! Go take a shower or something," he paused before continuing, "and do whatever girly things you would normally do for a party."

"For a party?" I asked, astonished that they were treating this auction like a party.

"What? How did you think it was going to go? Like some kind of funeral?" He asked me back, amusement clear in his voice.

"I'd certainly prefer it that way," I muttered to myself but he must've heard me because he retorted with an eye roll, "Of course you would!"

"We need to hurry," Muscle guy spoke up for the first time in his gruff tone of voice and at the sound of his voice Smiley grew serious and ordered me, "Go."

"Oh alright, alright," I rolled my eyes back at him and went back to the room and Smiley yelled out, "Not back there, go to the bathroom!"

"Give me a damn second, at least let me slip back into my slippers," I growled before marching right past the two jokers and to the bathroom.

                                  ***

I heard them before I even saw them. Voices so many of them. Some scared, some nervous, some angry but one among them stood out. A smug, feminine voice.

I opened the door to the bathroom to see what the commotion was about and saw utter chaos.

There were she-wolves everywhere. Some were doing their hair or makeup calmly, some were panicking frantically, some were right out crying. I heard the sound of a shower running behind a few stalls so I guess some were bathing but among them all stood out a female who looked smug and arrogant as if pleased with everything that was going on around her. She was shouting orders at everyone, demanding to quit crying or panicking and get on with work and yelling at the she-wolves who were getting ready to hurry up. She was... enjoying all this. What a fucking bitch!

When her gaze landed on me, she stopped shouting and asked me sarcastically, "Decided to finally join us, have you?"

I wanted to say, 'Bitch, please! They're trying to auction and sell me like a common commodity. Do you honestly think I would join this madness willingly?'

Instead of saying that out loud, I just remained quiet and raised a brow arrogantly as if to say 'your point?', which just seemed to madden her further and I took delight in her obvious anger.

"Well, now that you've finally decided to grace us with your presence, you can go take a piss or shit," she waved a hand to a bathroom stall and continued on with her tirade, "after that come back here and brush your teeth, make sure your mouth doesn't stink if there's any foul odor coming from your mouth, I'll make you brush again and again until I'm satisfied. After that go take a shower, wash your body and hair properly, remove any excess hair from your legs, arms, armpits if any. There are clothes and shoes on the rack, choose anything from there. Do your hair and makeup, make it look slutty. Now go!"