7

I lay on my stomach, looking at the dark ceiling. I'm wide awake, cold so every once in a while I shiver under my blankets. It's very dark, all the lights are off in the house. I hear Alfie's light snore fill the room as he sleeps.

Haydn rolls to his back with his left hand resting on his stomach. I see his eyes open, and look over at me.

"Hi Grace." His soothing voice says.

I grin, too tired to show my teeth since my face is stiff. "Haydn?"

"Yeah?"

I pause making him wait for a dramatic affect. "Have you been asleep this whole time?" I ask stupidly.

"No... I just can't fall asleep. I don't know why."

"It's okay... neither can I."

Haydn turns to his side so he can look at me. He studies my face, I can tell he is thinking hard. "Let's try to stay awake."

"Wait, what?" I ask in a loud normal tone.

"Yes, I know that sounds stupid. Just let me explain. Try to keep your eyes wide open. Repeat to yourself, 'I will not sleep'. Your brain doesn't really process negatives well, so your sleep sort of just creeps up on you." He whispers reminding me Alfie and Lydia are still asleep.

"And no, I'm not a scientist... I learned it from my granddad." Haydn adds.

"Okay, let's do it. Now don't distract me while I'm trying to attempt this."

***20 minutes later***

My eyes burn when I stare at anything. A small bit of tears form in my eyes, making my vision blurry. "I will not sleep." I keep repeating in my head, mouthing the words.

When I blink, I close my eyes for about two seconds hoping I can fall asleep soon. My eyes tingle, relieved they don't have to stay open any longer.

I open my eyes again, and stare at something different every time for at least 25 seconds. I scrunch up my face when I close my eyes, and then relax. I feel tired, trying to imagine different things.

I don't even notice but I fall asleep at the same time as Haydn.

***10:00AM***

My eyes slowly open and my muscles are stiff. I push out my legs to form a 'v' shape making my groin stretch. I still can't touch Haydn with my so called short legs. Fingers crossed, I should grow much taller as a get older.

I fight to look over at everyone, since I can't hear anything. Turning my head slightly, all I see is crumbled blankets and sheets laying on the ground. But, Lydia's figure is still under all of her sheets, blankets, and pillows.

"Lydia?" I whisper incase she is still asleep.

"Lydia?" I repeat, louder this time.

I start to see her head rise from the mountain of throw pillows she slept on last night. "Yes, Grace?" She says annoyed.

"Oh, sorry. I was just checking to see if you were awake.... do you happen to know where the boys are?"

"I'm going back to sleep. And no, I don't know where they are." She throws her head back, causing her tangled hair to get in her face.

I sigh, kicking the blankets off of me. Then, I push myself up as a boost to stand. When I do accomplish that, I slowly walk out of the grubby room.

"Alfie? Haydn? Don't pull another prank on me, I'm not in the mood!" I mutter, rubbing my eyes.

"Ugh, fine.." Some voice says sharply. Alfie appears from the hallway, walking inelegantly. His light brown hair is incredibly messy, but it's not in his face.

My skinny jeans from yesterday stick to my legs, and my crop-top is loose. Somehow, he got different shorts from yesterday and a white t-shirt that looked like Harry's.

"Are you seriously wearing Harry's clothes?" I question, figuring him out.

"Sure."

"Where's Haydn?" I demand yet another answer.

"Haydn!" Alfie yells looking behind him.

I wait, and wait for Haydn to come around the corner. My waiting pays off because eventually he strolls around Alfie.

"Um, Grace? Your-" Alfie speaks circling his index finger around above his head. Yes, he just went there.

"Ah-"

Haydn cuts me off by murmuring. "Alfie, shut up!" He then whispers into Alfie's ear without covering his mouth. I can totally read his lips. I think he is saying, "You are pathetic". Wait, if he was then I know he would never whisper that. Maybe Haydn is saying "He is perfect". But who is 'he'? No, he is saying, "She is perfect". Oh my god, he is saying, "She is perfect"...

My jaw drops making it noticeable that I read his lips. They both look at me, then begin to stare. Lydia picks the perfect time to walk out of the room right into this. This situation.

She looks around with a stupid look slathered onto her face, and starts fitting in with the staring thing that's going on.