9

"The room that I had slept in, looks like we live in squalor." I say to Harry and Lydia as we attempt to clean the room. In other words push everything to the wall.
"It's not bad!" Lydia squeaks while bending over trying to grab pillows.
"No, it is. We should be rewarded for cleaning this neglected room." I speak.
It is very silent for a long period of time until Gemma bursts into the room. She stands there while we stand here, exchanging looks.
"Why would you guys ever want to waste your time cleaning this abandoned room? You all can do something with me... since I am in charge."
Oh. No. Gemma is in charge. "Where's Mum?" Harry blurts out before I can.
"She's at the super-market. Why?"
"Ehm.. n-no re-reason." I stutter.
"Well what are you wasting your time for? Come on, follow me." Gemma directs us into the kitchen.
Harry drops a blanket that Haydn used last night on the floor, but this time it's in a ball. He rushes behind Gemma, and Lydia and I follow.
"We should all do somethin' productive." Gemma says.
"Like what?" I want to know.
"Perhaps.."
"We could go to the... no. Maybe we could just walk on the pavement." Harry requests.
"We could. Good idea Harry." Lydia says, nudging Harry on the shoulder.
"Yes. We could absolutely do that." Gemma agrees.
"But that's a whole lot of walking." I start to complain.
"How bout' we walk to get food?" Gemma persuades me.
"Now your talking!" I cheer.
"Grace, don't fall for it. Could be what I did, or even worse." Harry whispers to me behind Lydia's back.
"Rubbish!" Gemma yells.
She walks over to one side of the counter, while us three are on the other. "Harry's got a point. We're 15 and 16. Who would ever believe their 17 year old sister?" I point out, noticing how important food is to me.
"Rubbish.." Gemma repeats.
"We should still do it!" Lydia encourages me.
"Fine... but you better bring me to a good place." I say glaring at Gemma as if I were to say "Or else".
"Well, c'mon then. You two do whatever, Harry you go get dressed. I'll leave Mum a note." Gemma takes over.
I might want to change, since I am wearing grey oversized sweatpants and a black muscle-tank that says 'MUSIC' in white,bold words. Eh, I guess it's cute... just got to fix up my hair and get some shoes.
"Lydia want to come to my room? I have to do something."
"Of course."
We both walk into my room, and Lydia sits on my bed knowing I have to go to the washroom for my hair. Better not straighten it... "Lydia, how should I do my hair?" I ask, looking in my mirror.
"Perhaps, straighten your hair like yesterday."
I hold up my thumb, hoping she can notice the small bubble sitting on it. Not that it hurts, it's just an excuse not to do it. She does see it, then suggests something else. "Put your hair up, then."
I run to the washroom, my sweatpants flowing. I have a ponytail-holder on my wrist, which I use. I bend over, collect all my hair, then flip up and tie the band around my hair.
Looks messy, but I like it when it's high. Completes the look, I guess.
I then run out of the washroom and back into my bedroom. "Looks good." Says Lydia laying on my bed.
I nod, and grab a pair of white tube socks from my dresser drawer. I slip them on and hop over to all my shoes lined up by the wall.
"Black, or grey?" I ask, pointing with my toe to the skater shoes (vans) or converse.
"Black! Grey would blend in."
She does have a point, so I slip on my black vans. I don't quite wear these much because no one ever wears them. I would like to stand out, but not that much. Got to have a couple things in common.
"Let's go." I say to Lydia walking towards the doorway.
She hops up and marches in front of me. "GEMMA!!" I shout, right behind Lydia. I startle her, but I don't realize it.
"WHAT?!"
"NOTHING!!!" I shout to the kitchen, smiling because there was no point of startling Lydia.
"Okay, go get Harry you two." Gemma sends us away to his room as she puts her face into a book.
Lydia runs in front of me to his room, as I follow.. walking. "Lydia, wait..." I murmur realizing I won't be able to last walking outside even onto the pavement.
I see her raise her fist in the air, and hear her soft knocks on the door. "Harry.. you in there?" She asks through the small glowing crack.
"Yeah. Be out in a second!" He yells through his bedroom.
"Lydia, just wait.." I say to her, as she continues to peek through the crack. She stands against the wall, right beside Harry's door. She kicks on the bottom of it, lightly. "Harry! Hurry up!"
The door opens quickly, as Harry looks to his right and sees Lydia. "Really?" He asks her in an annoyed voice.
"Why do you look so... cleaner than usual?" I ask him, viewing his clothes. For the first time, in a long time, he's wearing a green t-shirt with some black loose jeans. He believes that skinny jeans are impossible to put on, and they are practically are glued to your legs once you put them on. But, one day I have a feeling he will start wearing skinny jeans... and I do sound crazy saying that.
"Anyway, let's get going. C'mon." I walk out of the room to Gemma, and we all leave at once.
The sun glares in our faces as we step on the pavement, although it's not hot. There is actually a cool breeze that touches my arms and finger tips.
Gemma and Harry walk majorly ahead of Lydia and I. "Grace."
"Lydia."
"What would you like to talk about?"
I wait for my brain to start thinking, and then I start to talk.
"I wonder what food we're getting?" I question.
"Personally, I think we are going to a bakery."
"What bakery? The one Harry works at?"
Lydia nods unsurely.
"Not a bad choice. Not, a bad choice.." I say to myself.
"So, that thing about Haydn." Lydia begins to bring up.
"He was joking around. Massive misunderstanding. That's all." I look at her. The wind blows her hair back, making her t-shirt (that was green... what a coincidence) flow as well, in the wind.
"Ahh. Nothing is... awkward between you two, now, right?" She asks me.
"Not exactly. When he left with Alfie we didn't even make eye contact. Don't mind much though, he is a friend. That's it. Guarantee everything will be back to normal soon." I explained calmly.
"They are great friends... at times" Lydia murmurs.
"Our principal though.."
"Mr. Winston! Oh, my. He sure is tough to get past."
"I don't care if I admit this, but I always forget his name. I just call him Mr. Principal." I say, as if it is nothing.
Lydia starts giggling, and I just walk at a slow paste.
"He's going to be so...ticked off."
"Yeah, but he will most LIKLEY never find out. Only told a few people."
"OH! I forgot to tell you.." Lydia talks with excitement.
"What?"
"HAVE YOU EVER, seen Mr.Winston's double-chin?!"
I pause. "OF COURSE I HAVE! HA-LAR-I-OUS!"
"Yes! People think I'm weird when I laugh at this, and of course, you do it too."
"I got it trouble for laughing at it.." I say smiling.
"I can definitely see that."