Chapter Two . Fitting In .

I was in the car driving doesn't the streets of New York passing the big buildings and big sparkling signs . We pulled up in the back of a black slick building , pulling into a dark covered parking garage Fury put in a code then his finger print . 

We pulled into the garage taking a parking spot and getting out of the car . " Follow me . " Fury said in his monotone voice . I followed him up carrying my two bags while he carried one full of my suit . We followed the elevator to the 10th floor . I followed Fury out to a room labeled , Mary Montgomery . 

" This is the room you will be staying in temporary , I will have a small snack sent up to you to last the night , breakfast is at 8 a.m. Then you will meet the rest of the team , or Avengers . " he smirked while saying Avengers . 

He left the room leaving me in silence . I looked aren't seeing it as the high tech I expected . I put my bags away throwing them in the closet . I walked out to the soft bed sinking into it . This was always something I like about this time , the comfy beds .

I got up from the bed taking a hot shower letting the beads of steaming water go down my back . I got out wrapping a towel around myself . I walked to the mirror and traced the outlines of my old wounds . The shoulder standing out the most . Then I followed my arm down to my wrist seeing the needle scar . I huffed out a breath and headed to my temporary bed . I laid down sinking into the mattress again . I closed my eyes and dozed off into a dreamless sleep .

.....

I woke up the next morning at ruffly 7 am . I trudged my body to the closet pulling out , a white tee-shirt dress , with a thin brown braided belt , throwing on my brown lace up ankle boots and putting my hair into a messy fish tail braid . I walked down to the mess hall with the directions Fury gave me last night . 

I walked in and grabbed some toast, orange juice, and beacon and egg omelet . I turned on my heel to almost drop everything seeing a face that resembled Howard Starks so much . I was frozen staring at this young man . He was sitting next to another man with brown hair who looked a little stressed and a woman with red hair . 

"Ahh, Mary I see you have scene Mr.Stark." What just came out of Fury's mouth caused me to drop my plate and open my eyes the size of saucers . "H-Howard ?" I said stumbling over my words causing this 'Mr.Stark' guy to laugh . "No, Not at all Ms.Montgomery . This is his son , Tony . " Fury said handing me another plate. 

Tony got up walking over to me , "You must be the lady my dad would tell me story's about, Mary am I right ?" Tony said sticking his hand out. His dad told him stories about me. I felt a smile grow on my face. I brought him into a hug, shocking him and me, and spilling my food again.

"I never knew Howard would actually settle down and get a girl , HA . I never knew he could get a girl . And you look so much like him . " he laughed as I pulled away from the hug . " Well I am much better looking tho . " He said leaning on one foot smirking . "Oh your defiantly his son. " I said walking over to the table . 

After talking a little bit learning something about Mr.Stark, Fury came back in ushering me outside . I follow him to be brought into a room with many machines , a picture of a young man with his hair greased back in a green suit showed on the screen multiple times .

"Agent Montgomery we need you for an undercover job, the man you see on the screens name is Loki , hes after the teseract , the cube that helped captain become who he is. We need your help by dressing in this formal dress," he said pulling out a long elegant black dress, " We need you to go to this charity auction , Loki will be their and we need to to keep an eye on him." he said longing the 'keep an eye part' while lifting the dress showing two knifes and a shotgun . I nodded as he handed me the dress , " You need to be ready by, 4 then we will fly you there after. You cant blow your cover unless things turn for the bad."