seven

the next day i wake up differently. i didn't snooze till i couldn't snooze anymore i woke up right on the dot.

i go downstairs and catch my mom gathering stuff for work. "you're up early. make sure to eat some breakfast."

"yeah mom." i go dig in the cabinets searching for cereal or something. while eating, my mom left for work.

i put my dishes into the sink, then go lay on the couch. i watch my phone for a bit before finally deciding to leave.

walking to school wasn't my favorite thing. my calves were as big as whales. since i was early i could take my time, and enjoy the scenery.

i feel a flower drop at the top of my head. i take it off and stare at it's pink tinge. it was very pretty. i smile and hold it's stem in my hand as i continue to walk.

"hi yejin." i see another one of my friends run towards me. "hey." i smile. she was one of my best friends, but we didn't hang out everyday. in fact, i didn't really hang out with people out of school.

we talk about our mornings and random topics. i loved talking to minyeon. "guess what happened yesterday before you came to me." i say to minyeon. "what?"

"jaemin asked me to meet him at that abandoned house off of fifth. and when i met him there he tried to force me into the house, but i rejected and then he took me to the cafe we go to. and he knew what i ordered. the specifics too." minyeon gasps.

"you know what this means yejin? he likes you!" she grins, "you'll finally find a boyfriend like i found."

"yeah but the thing is... i don't like jaemin."
"really? your standards are that high? who're you gonna date at this rate." she sighs.
"well, my crush is in the same friend group maybe i'll use jaemin to get close to my favorite."

"i don't know yejin that sounds kinda messy."
"what do you mean minyeon? i get to get together with my crush it's perfect."
"it'll create a love triangle. what if you fall in love with jaemin along the way, and your crush- wait you have a crush?" she stops herself mid-sentence.

"yes minyeon, i have a crush." i laugh.
"what's his name?" she quirks her eyebrows.
"i like... haechan." i whisper his name out.

she looks at me speechless. "out of all of them you like haechan? he's the ugliest out of them all." she says.

"don't say that so loud. and... he isn't ugly. he just has unique features."
"whatever you say." minyeon shrugs, "oh! back to my sentence."

"it'll create a love triangle. what if you fall in love with jaemin and haechan starts to like you. so then your crush is left hanging and you're with jaemin. it's just like the kdramas yejin." minyeon says explaining with her hands.

"i don't think it'll work like that. and i won't fall in love with jaemin. i don't like his personality. he's pretty on the outside and ugly in the inside."

"true point, but still." she says. minyeon wasn't as wise as me, but i still took her opinions as advice.