:Chapter 27:

Alexa's POV

"No, this can't be right. I-I saw her yesterday and now today, she's gone!" I yelled at my mom as she pulled her coat's hood up and grabbed her umbrella. "That's why we're going to have a look at the body, Alexa. We have to confirm if it's really her or not." my mom said as I got my raincoat and umbrella. Today, it decided to rain really hard and I swear, today wasn't a very happy day for me.

We got into the car and drove to the hospital in a rush. When I got there, Ryan and Bryan were walking towards the doors. Ryan was soaked while Bryan was perfectly dry. "Dude, there's Alexa. Let's go." he said as Ryan moved sluggish and slowly. He didn't seem to be happy about something. "I'm sorry for your lost, Alexa." Bryan said before they stopped and flashed their detective badges at them.

"It's her." was all Ryan said as I noticed how drained his bright red eyes were, almost as if the life was sucked out of it. My mom ran inside and we rushed to the Morgue. We bursted through the doors and I hissed at the body on the table. It was female and I noticed the paleness of her skin. I stepped closer and stared silently at the body. "Tammy, please don't be dead." I whispered before the nurse lifted up the sheet.

I nearly gagged at how pale her face was. Her long eyelashes were on her pale, white cheeks. Scars of the fall were planted on her face and shoulders. I stepped back before I came closer and gasped at the face. Brown changing into turquoise hair, placed in a uncomfortable straight way, lied beside her face in a deathly way. My tears began brimming my eyes, blurring my vision as I stared at my dead best friend.

"T-Tammy..." I sobbed loudly before I hugged her unnaturally cold body on the medical table as I cried my eyes out. I couldn't believe my best friend was now dead and I'm not. My head began spinning before I stared at her sick face again and everything went black.

Memories of the past seemed to play over in my head, but like a broken video projector, the slides were slow and voices were hushed. Tammy and I were playing in her playhouse in the tree in her backyard. This was when her mother was still around, she much more happier back then. She ran around and around, never loosing energy.

She was mainly like a little ball of happiness and sunshine for me, she always took care of me. I loved her like a sister, I respected her like my mother and I worshipped her as my God. She was my role model, as telling me never to give up or to always keep my tears for the best things.

I could heard everything from the outside, my mother's terrified scream when I fell, footsteps, and then I felt myself being lifted up into someone's arms. "She must be going into shock, she should rest." I heard Bryan's deep, smooth and velvety voice. Warmth took over me and I fell into a deep sleep.

• • •

I got up feeling the life all drained out of me. I turned over and stared at the picture of me and Tammy on my wall. My eyes were sore from all the crying that I've done for two whole days. I skipped school, telling my mom that I wasn't feeling well. I heard my door open and heavy footsteps filled my room. "Hey Alexa." Bryan's deep, thundery voice echoed my quiet room.

I covered my head and hoped that he'd leave me alone, just like everyone else. I heard footsteps getting closer before my bed dipped heavily behind my back. "I came to check up on you. I know that you'd tell me to leave, but I need someone to talk to. Ryan's too broken to talk to and you're the only person I can talk to right now." he said before I gritted my teeth together.

"Lexi, it's going to hurt a lot. It won't stop hurting, until you find a way to move on and see the good in the situation. I know that you're going to probably hate me for a really long time--" he said before I opened my head and stared at him blankly. "Why would I hate you? What did you do?" I asked him before he softened his gaze on my face.