Third Act, part 2

Days came and days went, Apollonia refused to stay for the time his husband went away, stating that a friend of hers had already given her roof and shelter. Regardless, her stays became more frequent as time passed, and more extended. They grew fond of each other, enjoying their company just enough to make so they would never want to stop.
Apollonia used to bring a wooden lyre, a symbol of Apollo, which she gave to Medusa as a gift, and in return, Medusa used to craft the most majestic pieces of art, music for humans, animals and Gods alike, unlike anything the world has ever seen. Or so said Apollonia, while laughing and mocking Medusa.
Medusa felt a blockage in her heart and mind growing larger with each passing day. It had become increasingly difficult to talk to Apollonia without stumbling upon her own words or stuttering, sometimes she would freeze in place and stare at her, admiring her. Medusa would quickly snap out of that trance, and Apollonia would not notice.
One day, she did.
-You stopped talking.- Apollonia said, conflicted.- Is something wrong?
-Uh no, no, sorry, no.- Medusa's mind rushed its way to make those words get out of Medusa's throat, which was firmly closed by an unrelenting feeling of... of...- What was I saying?
-You were telling me about your life before the snake hair and such.- Apollonia leaned forward, maybe she did not notice. She was very close, not enough to feel her breathing, but alas, uncomfortably close.
Once again, Medusa's muscles refused to answer, forcing her to stay where she was. Unable to escape, she thought, maybe it is meant to be. Maybe it is that dreadful emotion.
Medusa leaned forward as well.
-Apollonia?- Medusa begged for pardons with the mere tone of her voice.
-It is okay.- Apollonia reassured.- I was waiting for this.
Apollonia, the naive, sweet lady who would never hurt a fly took the first step. She grabbed Medusa by the cheek, like Medusa once did with her, and pulled Medusa towards her. Apollonia's hand slowly caressed her face until she reached Medusa's neck. Time froze in its tracks, each second lasting a thousand years. They confessed their love for each other without uttering a single word. Not that they could, as their lips were somewhere else.
Medusa felt Apollonia's warmth unlike she has ever had. She felt how decades of suffering disappeared in an instant, the world she once saw as putrid and corrupt now invaded by an uneasy feeling of wanting to dance, laugh, kiss, cry of joy. Apollonia was happy, what could only be described as happy.
Apollonia began moving her hand towards Medusa's back, which made Medusa flinch and stop.
-Sorry, I shouldn't have. I'm sorry.- Apollonia rushed in, red as a sunset.
-No, it is not you...- Medusa's voice changed from a little girl who got her favorite toy for a present to that of a broken woman.- No one has ever tried to touch my back if it is not for stabbing me.- Marked for life in Medusa's back, dozens of scars were left by men and women alike, seeking for her head and treasures. Some were small, tiny accidents she committed while fighting them. Some were deep, gruesome wounds which took several weeks to fully heal.
-Medusa... Let me feel you.- Apollonia intervened before Medusa's eyes were invaded by tears.
Apollonia carefully undressed Medusa. She let Medusa's dress to fall to the ground, a perfectly white, silk robe now covered in soot and dust. It did not matter. Apollonia gently let her fingers dance and feel each corner of Medusa's scaly skin. Apollonia thought it was the softest, most beautiful skin she has ever felt.
Medusa was nervous, breathing heavily and almost fainting. She was completely exposed, vulnerable, and it did not feel right. Medusa tried to make her body move so she could push Apollonia away, but somehow, she could not manage. She fell trapped for Apollonia's spell. She began to panic in silence, wanting all to end so she could escape from that desperate situation. Apollonia kept on exploring Medusa's body, reaching to her neck, down to her fingertips, then to the back of her knees.
-Medusa...- Apollonia said in between heavy breathing.- I won't hurt you.
Those words made Medusa fall into pieces. Her body snapped, her arms moving on their own. She grabbed Apollonia by the neck and resumed the kiss they stopped mere moments ago. This time, it was different. A genuine, uncontrolled kiss, filling the place with ecstasy and envy to whoever wanted to experience love. Medusa was already stripped from her clothes, and so, she tried to do the same with Apollonia. Apollonia accepted, letting her green dress, a gift Medusa gave to her a few days ago, fall to the ground alongside Medusa's.
Medusa guided Apollonia towards her bed, and when they arrived, what happened could not be described by mere mortal words. Bereft of clothing and any kind of restriction, they let their imagination run wild, allowing them to enjoy one another in ways not even the Gods could recreate. Shortly after, the moaning began, filling the place with heat and lust, feelings which had been forgotten by the old walls of the temple. They kept going for hours, their energy unlimited, their wishes never fulfilled. There was always something new they could try.
Eventually, it stopped. Medusa laid down on her back. Apollonia, hugging her with an affection reserved you truly loved, resting her head on top of Medusa's exposed breasts. The night was warm, just enough to allow them to fall trap to Morpheus without the need of any sheet. They both were smiling, that silly grin of two lovers. The night passed without any further occurrence.
Days came and days went, mostly the same as they usually were, aside from the eventual kiss on the lips. As the nights got colder, so they grew closer. Sharing the bed was a common occurrence, and Apollonia's house was left abandoned.
One cold evening of winter, while Apollonia was preparing dinner, Medusa felt an unrelenting feeling of gratitude. She walked towards Apollonia, who raised her head and smiled as soon as she heard Medusa approaching.
-What is it, love?- Apollonia said, staring at the vast nothingness. She was wearing a winter dress, a white, long piece of clothing with elongated sleeves covering her whole body.
-I want to give you something.- Medusa kneeled before her lover.- It might not be what you may want, or what you may desire. It is what I can do.
-You are... acting weird.- Apollonia let go a nervous chuckle.- What is it?
-I want to give you Sight.- Apollonia turned as pale as a full Moon, dropped the knife and barely managed to breath.- Sadly, I cannot heal your eyes, but alas, let me give you my blessing. Close your eyes.
Apollonia did so. Medusa stayed still, her hands engulfing Apollonia's. Nothing was happening and still, both could feel the universe spiraling around them.

Silence.

-Open your eyes.- Medusa said, without letting Apollonia's hand go.- Tell me what you see.
-I see... I see!- Apollonia stood up, almost crying out of joy.- I see a lady. She has... oh, my! She has long hair! She is short and thin and is wearing a beautiful, bulky dress.- Apollonia's voice went from pure joy to confusion.
-I can tell you the color of the dress.- Medusa stood up.- It is white.
Apollonia began crying. She understood at that moment she was staring at herself using her newly gained Sight. It dawned on her quickly, she was watching herself from Medusa's perspective. In her eyes, she saw how the lady, which was a future version of herself, got hugged by, of course, Medusa. But that was not happening.
-I have given you Sight, alas, not like anyone else's. You can see destiny now.- Medusa explained. Apollonia was shaking, it was too much for her to take in.- You will see the destiny of others, yet not yours.- Medusa proceeded to hug her, fulfilling the vision Apollonia had.
-I don't understand. How could you make such a miracle?- Apollonia sounded as though she was at the brink of a breakdown. It came naturally for her, hugging Medusa back, holding her as tightly as she could. Her vision went black.- Thank you...
-Do not thank me. It is the bare minimum I could do to repay you for all the things you made me feel after all these days.
They sat back down in silence, interrupted only by naive laughter and eventually jolly chattering.