f i f t y - s e v e n

"hey, bri?" younghyun looks up from his phone to make eye contact with me. younghyun came over to my house around an hour ago early in the morning because he has a tight schedule tomorrow so we won't have anytime to hang out with each other.

"what's up?" he asks curiously.
i'm nervous to ask him if we should come out as a couple. i have no idea if he'll get mad at me or harshly decline it so i take a few moments to think if what i am going to ask that should be asked. i sigh and place my phone down that i also had in my phone. younghyun also places down his noticing my down behavior.

he detangles his legs from mine and sits more straight up as we were both facing each other on the couch with our legs out, "is anything wrong?" he asks in a soft tone. a little battle goes through my head as he asks me this.

"hmmm, do you think we should go public with our relationship?" i wince at my own question and mentally slap myself for asking such a dumb question without more thought. why should we? he's famous and i'm not. what's the point? i'm just his stupid fanboy account. younghyun stays silent for a few moments before humming a questionable hum.

"i think we should." i look at him shockingly. am i hearing this right? younghyun picks at his nails and looks completely chill. did he know i was going to ask him about this? does he not care that he's famous and this could ruin his career? "babe, don't worry. i've already thought a lot about this." younghyun states as he must've seen the shock and fret on my face.

"are you sure?" i ask even though he obviously said that he's already thought a lot about this, "this could ruin your career. are you sure you want to ruin your career over some dumb fan of yours?"

younghyun looked me straight in the eyes, "you're not some dumb fan of mine, you're the love of my life and i would give up my career a thousand times for you,, although i will miss it, i love you more than anything. so never, i mean never, call or think that you are some dumb fan and you aren't worthy of dating me. you're so much more than that. you understand me?"

i break the eye contact, thinking that if we shared the contact any longer i would melt like a marshmallow in a microwave. "i understand."
younghyun pulls me up and puts me on his lap. he hugs me hella tightly and whispers little cute compliments. ah, today is going to be a good day.