Chapter 39: Dress to Impress

A/N: Double update 38-39

Obie didn't know the first thing in holding a conversation with a vampire. Her experienced lacked the skill and mostly resided in fighting or evading vampires to stay alive.

Talking to a vampire, dressing a vampire, and allying with a vampire would certainly add a perk to her apocalyptic resume'. Usually, the tiny communities Obie would accidentally pass through would inquire about her extracurricular activities, which one hundred percent included vampire encounters. Still, the vampire encounters should be confrontational. Cordial ones would raise alarms. It would raise hers.

Logan already revealed that his group watched the vampire follow Obie after the store slaughter. The vampire's oddity would attract unwanted attention.

Obie thought about the consequences of their future interactions as she searched through her uncle's clothing. That was a concern she had to ponder deeply about.

For now, Obie had to learn how to stop shaking.

She had to learn to calm her nerves whenever she was around the vampire. The difficulty of associating with the doomed predatory species was too much for Obie to handle. Then again, he was a product of mad scientists.

Speaking of, Obie had to go about this situation carefully. She bet her whole backpack that the vampire had memory loss. The experimentations had altered both his body physiology and memory. It would be pretty dumb to try to force it out of him.

Though, she can trigger some or put him through memory exercises that her mom made her do. If she can relax successfully.

Obie picked out two joggers, two shirts and two NYU sweaters. One long sleeve. One short sleeve. Uncle George's build was lean, but he liked to buy shirts a size bigger than his true one. He had hopes to gain muscle mass over the years.

Too bad his metabolism didn't allow him too.

The vampire could fit his shirts. The joggers would have to be seen in person.

This raised another concern.

Obie doesn't plan on remaining in Moore's house. She had to move on with the vampire.

He couldn't walk in daylight. They would either have to meet at night or she'll have to pull a miracle out her ass.

Maybe she could develop her questions throughout the day, then figure him out at night.

"I don't even know his sneaker size." Obie asked B. "What am I even saying? Vampires don't wear sneakers."

The weirdo could climb walls.

Obie was in the midst of pulling out his infamous Jordan collection. She pushed the storage bin inside the closet.

A shiny metal key flashed before her eyes from within the clear bin.

"Aha." She bit her lip.

Obie snagged the key out.

She caressed the ragged edges.

Where did this go?

Time had went by faster than she thought. Hours had passed since Obie discovered the key. The mysterious object convinced Obie to change course for the vampire's clothes and search the house chaotically for a lock to open.

She reached a dead end per usual.

She couldn't stand the fact she's been given little clues to infer conclusions, instead of definitive facts.

She should go now.

Her stalker awaited her attendance to obsess over her some more.

Obie shook her head as she walked up the basement.