Anything For You

I decide to finally leave the boys place. It's Sunday night and George had gone off with Niall and everyone to get dinner and send him on his way home. The whole weekend was spent drinking and going out with all of George's friends and I was exhausted. I had work early in the morning, so there was no way that I could stay here another night. I dragged my butt out of George's bed and go to find my coat and shoes. I search around the rather tidy room and don't spot them in here. I must've flung them off in a drunken state last night somewhere I can't remember. I drag my feet as I walk down the hall of the empty apartment. My head is pounding but I pause when I hear noise coming from down the hall a little ways. I see the light on in Alex's room and the door is slightly ajar.

Weird, I thought everyone went to send Niall off. I hesitate but move slowly towards the door and tap on it lightly.

"Yeah?" Alex's voice shouts out.

I push the door open a bit more and poke my head in, "Sorry to bother you, I just thought nobody was here."

Alex is laying in bed, white sheets covering his bare chest with his laptop sat next to him. He pauses whatever was playing and says, "Yeah, I didn't really feel like heading out with the rest so I thought I'd rest up and watch a movie. What're you up to?"

I step fully in the room and lean my head against the door frame, "I'm headed out now, I didn't feel like going either."

"You're going home?" Alex sits up more in bed and his chest is fully exposed. I can't help but let my eyes travel down to look. His chest is very boyish, not a hair in sight, I wonder what it would be like to let my fingers trace over his skin.

But I snap out of it and shrug, "Yeah, I guess so. George isn't here so it's probably best I take my leave and actually sleep at my place for once."

Alex looks down at his bed and starts picking at the sheets, "Well, I mean, I'm here. And you are more than welcome to join me."

Alex meets my eyes and I give him a warm smile. I don't know if it would be a good idea or not. Over the past couple of weeks, my feelings for Alex have lessened as I learned to spend only a little bit of time with him. Seeing him kiss other people doesn't make me as nauseous. We flirted here and there but it tended to be pretty friendly and I was happy with the progress. I just have to remember to keep it platonic. I could do that and I can do this so I say, "I didn't really feel like going home anyway."

Alex's face shines brightly as I hop in bed next to him and he places the laptop in between us. He looks down and only now seems to realize he's semi naked and jumps out of the bed. He says over his shoulder as his throws a shirt on, "I should probably be dressed for this."

I feel my cheeks grow warm and say, "I wouldn't have mind."

Alex chuckles, "It's not you I'm worried about."

I nod knowingly, he's worried about what George would think if he were to see us. So I try to quickly change the subject and say, "What are we watching?"

"Planet Earth."

"You love documentaries, don't you?" I ask, remembering that first time we hung out, when Alex turned on a documentary and I couldn't help but kiss him. It made me nervous and I feel his gaze turn to me.

 "Oh, right." Alex seems to be remembering, too. "I can change it to something else if that would make you feel more comfortable."

"No, no, no," I reach for his hand as he tries to change the movie. "This will just be our thing, I guess. Watching documentaries together. It's cute."

He looks down at my hand which is still connected to his and he pulls away, "Sure, it can be our thing."

I'm looking at Alex looking at me and I almost have to leave the room. I startle him by quickly saying, "Okay! Press play!"

We settle into a comfortable banter about the movie, talking about all the places in the world we want to see and our favorite animals. We are a good distance apart in the bed, none of our body parts are touching and it's nice. I enjoy being friends with him, even when I'm so hungover, he puts me in a good mood. I can't help laughing at him doing his own commentary even though my head is pounding.

After a couple episodes, I get rather sleepy. I thought George would be back by now but he isn't. I don't want to leave the warmth of Alex's bed so I snuggle down and lay my head on one of the pillows. I can feel my eyes trying to close but I do my best to keep them open.

I hear Alex chuckle and say, "It's okay you can fall asleep, I know you usually do."

I look up at him and smile, "I'm a big girl, I can stay awake."

"Sure you can," He lightly pats my head and smooths my hair down. It's so comforting that I do eventually close my eyes and fall asleep.

All of a sudden, I feel someone pulling the covers over me and I peak my eyes open to see that Alex is not in bed anymore and the room is dark. I slowly look back to where I can feel a person behind me and see that it is Alex tucking me in. I'm still half asleep as I try to get up and say, "Oh sorry."

Alex lightly pushes me back down onto the bed and shushes me, "You stay here, I'll go sleep on the couch. I didn't mean to wake you up, I just didn't want you to be cold."

"That's so sweet, Alex," I lay my head back on the pillow and fully encase myself in the warm blankets. I close my eyes again and I'm barely aware when Alex smooths my hair back and kisses my forehead.

"Anything for you, Y/N."