[VOLUME 1]Chapter 8: Age is not a Problem

After removing the gauze mask and washing his hands in clean water, Fan Xian began recording his observation of the corpse and wrote his a.n.a.lysis in detail on the big black notebook provided by Teacher Fei Jie.

After finishing everything, he stood up, his face somewhat wane and his long eyelashes trembling slightly.

"Teacher, what do you want me to do now?"

Fei Jie gazed at him and raised his brow. He did not expect the little fellow to be so courageous at all.

But before he even had a chance to open his mouth, Fan Xian could no longer hold back the nausea. The boy ran down the ridge and began puking his guts out, standing back up only after the feeling of nausea was completely gone.

A light of softness came into Fei Jie's eyes. He couldn't help but ponder whether it was too cruel of him to expose a four-year old kid to such horrible things in life. Only after Fan Xian had thrown up, he suddenly realized that the Fan Xian at this moment looked more like a little kid, instead of a child with a different soul hidden inside.

"Well, now that you have had direct observation, we'll leave things for next time."

Before he even finished his sentence, Fan Xian's juvenile voice rose again.

"Pity that Port Danzhou is such a small town with very few corpses, or we might be able to find a fresh body."

Fei Jie's heart skipped a beat. He slowly turned and stared right into Fan Xian's eyes, the pair of eyes so pure and without any filth, as if he wanted to find something from them. After a long while he finally spoke again, coldly.

"Why?"

"Ah?"

"Why aren't you afraid? Why aren't you angry for what I am asking you to do?"

Fei Jie found it very difficult to understand. He frowned at the little fellow.

"Because teacher mentioned that he might poison someone so I could have a body for close observation. I was scared. I would rather come here to dig up a corpse." Fan Xian bowed his head and replied respectfully.

"So there's actually something in this world that could scare you?"

"Yes," Fan Xian raised his head and looked at him with pitiful eyes, "Little Xian is only four and a half."

"Young age is no excuse." Fei Jie nodded and then shook his head. "Although you are still young, maybe there are things you don't understand. But you must remember. A baseborn son of a n.o.ble like you will have to face many schemes and harms in the years to come. Sometimes such useless sympathy will often turn into a knife against you."

Fei Jie suddenly had a strange thought after these words. Perhaps the kid actually understood everything he had said. At that very moment, a ray of the dawn shined upon Fan Xian's raised eyes and created an almost enchanted reflection.

Fei Jie felt his heart shudder. The pair of eyes seemed very enigmatic. He had poisoned many people to death throughout his life. In the northern expedition lead by the previous emperor, the poisonous lotion he produced killed at least tens of thousands of enemy soldiers from Northern-Wei. He was destined to go to h.e.l.l for the crimes he committed, which he felt comfortable with. But why couldn't he help but be afraid when he looked at the lovely little fellow in front of him?

After putting the anonymous grave back to order, the young and the old eccentric student/teacher combo began to head east toward the light of the dawn.

"You must be very curious, aren't you?" Fei Jie suddenly asked.

"Hmm," Fan Xian acknowledged with a grunt, showing a tad of shyness in his sweet smile. "Teacher cares for me very much!"