3

Chapter 3

*Aaron's POV*

"Bub, I'm heading to the field," I yelled, walking into Ryan's room as she just sat on her bed watching something on her laptop. 

"Wait, before you go," she jumped, moving her laptop to the side before hopping out of her bed that had a big white comforter on it and a bunch of gray and white pillows on it. "Is this even cute?" she sighed as she held up an outfit that consisted of a black crop top tank top and a pair of ripped up black jeans. 

"Bub, it's an all black outfit," I laughed, crossing my arms as she nodded, smiling softly. 

"That's what I was thinking," she giggled, placing her outfit back on her dresser. "Good luck, Bubba. Do something cool for me," she smiled as I nodded, laughing softly. 

"I will," I smiled, watching her climb back into her bed. "You going to be here when I get back?" I smirked as she shrugged. 

"I mean, I hope not. I'm hoping some guy brings me home," she sighed. I felt my heart crack in half as I put on a fake smile, nodding my head.

"I'm sure you will," I winked as she laughed, rolling her eyes. "Bye," I yelled, walking out of her room. 

"Good luck!" She yelled back, making me smile. 

I've known Ryan for forever at this point. We met back at Fresno State where I played baseball and she played softball. We became best friends when we first met and have been inseparable since. However, I've always wanted to shoot my shot, but she's always friend zoned me before I've had a chance. Here we are roughly 5 years later as roommates as I play for the Yankees and she is a writer for the Mets. Everyone except for Ryan knows that I love her and everyone except Ryan thinks the two of us will be perfect together! 

When I got to the field, I walked into the clubhouse and everyone was already there. I threw my bag into my locker and everyone looked over at me. 

"Ryan's going to a fucking party," I hissed, plopping into my chair and putting my head in my hands. 

"Hopefully, in the nicest way possible, someone breaks her heart and then you get to pick it up," Dj sighed, pulling on his batting practice pants as I looked up, smiling softly. I couldn't help but wonder, would that really work?