4

Chapter 4

I walked into the apartment after our game. 

"I'm home," I yelled, waiting for a response. I dropped my bag down by the front door, placing my keys on the hook before walking down the hall the led me to Ryan's room. "Ry?" I called out, knocking on her door. I went to open it, but it was locked. "Ryan? You okay?" I gulped, leaning against her room. I heard some shuffling before jolting, standing up as the door opened. Ryan looked up at me with a big smile as she snuck out, closing the door behind her. "What?" I laughed softly, crossing my arms as I she cleared her throat, looking up at me with her big brown eyes. 

"I think I met the love of my life," she smirked as I felt my smile start to fade as my heart cracked in half. 

"Is he in there?" I gulped as she nodded, giggling softly. 

"Yes sir," she smiled, glancing at the door then back up at me. "I'd love to chat, but tell me about your game later," she smirked, kissing my cheek before running back into her room. I cleared my throat, letting out a soft sigh before walking down the hallway to my room. I shut the door, locking it before walking into my bathroom, leaning against the sink as I looked into the mirror. 

Why wasn't I good enough? Why can't she see that I love her? Doesn't she see that I would do anything, and I mean anything, for her? I cleared my throat, because leaning down and washing my face. When I got out of the bathroom, I changed into a pair of sweats and quickly climbed into bed, staring up at the ceiling. 

I couldn't sleep. I stayed awake the entire night. At like, 5ish I heard the door open and close. I figured it was just Ryan's new boy toy heading out. At around 7am I ended up getting up and got ready to head to the field. I didn't say goodbye and I didn't leave a note.