Chapter 1

They had only lived in that house for six months and poor Norma dealt with the same things over and over again. She was sixteen now with blonde hair that she had dyed without permission.
Her mother didn't care but her father was livid. He wasn't necessarily mad at the fact that she dyed her hair, he just wanted to be angry at someone for doing something; anything!
It was now twelve in the morning and Norma was rushing down the stairs; the never ending, bland, concrete stairs. She didn't plan on stopping. She knew if she did, either her father or brother would get her.
As her feet met the gravel, she felt her adrenaline start rushing faster, if possible.
She was running down the road, passing the trees and wild animals that could be dangerous, but that was the least of her worries; anything was better than those awful people she lived with.
Finally, after twenty minutes of running, she stopped. She gasped for air as she finally felt her muscles burn. She started walking though, feeling that it was at least okay for her to start walking now and not run for her life.
Her aching body started to relax as she started to lose tenseness, but as quickly as she lost it, it came back.
She whipped her head around and saw the headlights of an on coming car. She ran to the side of the road and jumped into the ditch.
She stopped breathing when she heard the screech of the car.
"I swear, dad! I saw her right here!" Caleb argued, looking around the area for any sign of his sister.
"Well where is she now, hm? I don't see that brat anywhere!" Ray yelled, spitting on the ground.
"Let's keep looking for her," Caleb said, his voice sounding worried but he was mainly worried that his 'toy' was gone.
"It's too late for this. Let's go home," Ray snapped, getting back into the car as Caleb rolled his eyes.
The car drove away and was heard turning around. Norma sat and waited until she heard the car pass by. After a few minutes, she got up out of the ditch and started walking down the street again.
If the sheriff didn't believe her, she was doomed. They would send her back to her shitty home and her father would surely kill her.
-
Alex sat at the desk and watched the slow clock. He decided to stay back and help his father work extra hours even if he had to hear his father complain about every little thing.
Alex sighed and looked down at his hands.
He rolled his eyes and got up, getting ready to walk home but instantly stopping when he saw the blonde girl quickly walking towards the front desk.
"Hello?" Alex asked as he examined the girl who looked about his age.
"Can I speak to the sheriff?" The girl asked, looking at her feet as she spoke.
"He's not here," Alex replied, opening the door that was now bothering him.
He wanted to get the full view of the beautiful girl in front of him. He almost regretted opening the door because all he saw were more bruises on her pale legs.
"Can you explain to me what happened?" Alex asked
"I want to report abuse," She replied, taking a deep breath and looking into Alex's eyes.
"C-can I ask your name?" Alex asked
"It's Norma Louise," Norma replied, keeping her eyes locked with Alex's.
"Pretty name. Um, would you like to sit down and tell me what happened?" Alex asked.
Norma nodded and Alex pulled a chair out for Norma to sit. She finally took a deep breath and started.
"My father has been hitting me for awhile now. Since I was seven, I believe. I'm sixteen now and it's getting out of hand," Norma explained, releasing everything quickly and feeling tears come to her eyes as she admitted how broken her family was.
The two people stood and Alex felt a sudden need to comfort the new girl, but he restrained. Instead, he grabbed a pen and a notepad.
"What's your fathers name?"
-
Norma sat in the chair, feeling anxious. She knew her father worked at the police station but maybe, some of the other officers could help her. Maybe.
She now waited for Alex as he talked to a few officers who looked concerned, but Norma ignored it and looked at her hands.
-
So i've been so busy and i'm sorry but i'm trying to write more! 🤧💗