// Prologue //

The sun seeped through the small gap in the trees, in a desperate attempt to shine. A small flurry of light peeked through the trees and lightened the park by the smallest amount.

The oak tree above the set of swings, gave the park a creepy but fascinating aroma. It was as though, it looks over the abandoned park in an attempt to guard it.

I dangled my legs over the worn out leather swing seat, and gently swayed myself to and for. The odd whisp of wind would push my hair back, and my clothes would flutter. The only sound that echoed throughout the abandoned park was the creaking of the rusting swing, as the rust grinded, rust to rust and the nestling of the crunched leaves in the trees.

I lifted my head to see colourful arrays of pastel colours that sketched themselves across the early sky. I could only imagine the time.

I climbed off of the swing in a slow and swift motion, my feet crunching with the frozen chippings. Pulling my phone from my jeans pocket, I reread the email. Acknowledging this was the 15th time I had read this particular email, my frozen fingers clicked off the screen and I placed my phone back into my front pocket.

I kicked a few chippings, as I walked with my hands in my coat. The email just wasn't sinking. It's fake. It's a prank. You'd never be good enough for that. What makes you so special. Pushing the thoughts to the back of my mind, I made the lonely walk home.

My neighborhood was small and forgotten about on the map, but we liked it that way. No arrogant tourists, busy street's... It was bliss. But living in such a deprived town, we depended purely upon community spirit. Everyone cared for each other, we looked after each other. And I much preferred this to an overpopulated polluted dingy city filled with selfish people who focus on there personal needs. Why surround yourself with that influence on you?

The road to my house was empty, the odd car parked along the pavement. There were no teenagers who smoked or drank here because everyone knew everything and saw everything... Why risk it. There wasn't even a pub here, so no drunks ran up and down the street shouting like back in the city. The streets were deserted at night, no cars, no people... All except the neighborhood cat - Bonnie. She was out every night, roaming the streets. Despite her independance at night and although a wild stray, she was very fond of everyone's company in the day... So a simple pet as you walk past her would make her happy.

As I came to my front yard, I noticed a few lights were on through the poorly covered windows. How discreet. I grumbled a few words under my breath at how irresponsible and forgetful I had been to leave the lights on with the curtains open as I stomped up my garden path.

I rummaged through my pockets, searching for my key. After throwing a lollypop wrapper and receipt out of my pocket I found my key and unlocked my door... Or locked it. I growled, I left my door open. I shut the door gently behind me, and stopped in my tracks when I heard muffled talking.

My heart sank and panic seeped into my veins. Trembling I picked up an umbrella that was dangling off the coat rack and I slowly tip toed to my living room trying to dodge the creaking steps I had discovered in the months I'd lived here.

"I'll tell her when she arrives" the voice squealed. I peered through the arch that led to my living room to find Jessica talking on the phone. I sighed, half annoyance half relief and threw my umbrella onto sofa myself accompanying it.

Jessica startled at the abrupt noise I had made when I slumped onto my sofa. She slowly turned around, white as a ghost and relief washed over her when she noticed it was just me.

I heard the beep of the the call end, and Jessica turned to me enthusiastically. "Your going on tour!"