Chapter Fifty Six

Raghav didn't like the sad turn the day had taken, and I had to agree. But a sudden urgent meeting interrupted, and our day together had to come to an end. Raghav did drop me off though, even though I had insisted that it was okay. But the man refused, dropping me off anyways.

"I'm sorry for having to cut the day short," he apologized.

"Its okay, work is work; I get that."

"I promise to make it up to you. How about tomorrow?"

"Um... I'm free after 3 tomorrow."

"Perfect. I'll pick you up."

"Oh that's okay-"

"I insist."

The man looked at me with a humble smile and I let out a sigh.

"Okay," I finally agreed.

"Great!"

The plan was made for Raghav to pick me up tomorrow after work. What exactly Raghav had in mind, he didn't say, but I am rather curious.

*~*

The following day at work, I was antsy. Although I barely knew the man, I really couldn't wait to see my father again.

I wonder what he has in mind for us to do today?

"Excited?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, I looked up to see Arnav. "Oh, hey."

Arnav smiled as he came towards me. He leaned down to kiss me. "Forgot me already," he murmured against me.

I leaned back with my brow arched. "As if."

Arnav chuckled, leaning against my desk. "When are you meeting up with him? It's past 3 already."

"He texted me earlier, said he got caught up in a meeting, but he's on his way."

"Hmm."

Arnav took my left hand in his, toying with my ring.

I glanced from my hand to him. "You still haven't said anything yet," I said softly.

Arnav glanced at me and then resumed playing with my ring. "There isn't anything to say."

Last night after Arnav came home, I admitted to him that I had told Raghav everything about his past with Kinjal. Arnav had simply hummed and nodded, not saying anything else about it.

"You're mad."

"I'm not mad Khushi, not at all - so get that out of your head before you torture yourself with it."

"Well why aren't you? I literally told a stranger-"

"But he's not a stranger, is he."

"You know what I mean," I said, my voice low. "Talk to me Arnav, please."

Arnav shrugged. "There really isn't much to say babe. I'm not angry that you told him - he knows better than me how she is. If he can help us out with this situation... I don't know. Kinjal is a slippery snake, its hard to keep tabs on her. The woman knows how to disappear whenever she wants. For her to have avoided Raghav all these years... she's dangerous."

"Did your guys lose her?"

"She must've figured something was up, so she slipped out of sight. They're regrouping as we speak, so are Raghav's men."

I looked away, unable to help but feel anger towards that snake.

Arnav rubbed my palm. "We'll get her, baby. I know we will."