The surface?

Papyrus POV

Being dead is relaxing and it give me a break from my act before I must step back on stage and say the same old lines repeatedly in the same way I have been doing for the last 10,956 times. I lay in bed for the moments before my alarm goes off, signaling the beginning of another run.

I wait...

I wait...

But my alarm didn't go off, so I opened my eyes sockets and my vision was blurry when it cleared up. I was looking up at the clear blue sky with a couple of small clouds. My eyes sockets widened in shock, the underground didn't have any clouds last time I checked.

"WHAT THE ASSGORE IS GOING ON HERE?" I blotted upright which was a big mistake, I felt my skull was spinning.

I slowly got on to my feet, to prevent making my headache worse.

I rubbed my skull as I groaned in slight pain, but I suddenly noticed something off. I heard a swishing sound I looked over a river in front of me, I walked over to it and knelt down to see my reflection. What I saw was that I wasn't wearing my battle body instead I was wearing an orange hoodie and green cargo shorts with red-orange shoes.

This confused me more, wasn't I dusted in my battle body then why am I wearing this?

I didn't realize I was missing the bigger picture that was on the surface. I shook my skull to get myself back into reality as I looked around the area to see lush green grass surrounding me. There were small flowers, a small forest, and the river.

Not too far away was a park on the edges of the tree line from what I can see, I stood up and crossed the river and investigated the area for myself to find out where am I.

As I walk closer to the park I could hear what sound to be fighting, I pick up the pace and made it to the park. What I saw shocked me, there was a boy with short green messy hair as he was shaking and he looked like he was about to cry standing in front of another crying human boy.

"Why are you being so mean? You're making him cry kacchan! If you keep hurting him, I-I'll uh, I'll stop you myself."

The three other boys standing in front of the two kids just stared at the little boy. Then two of boys behind a blond boy started to use their powers as the boy in front known as kacchan closed his eyes and smirked.

"Hmph, you wanna pretend to be a hero?" then kacchan punches his hands and makes a small explosion. This surprised me that these small humans have these strange powers. I waited to see what will happen next, "You don't stand a chance without a quirk Deku!"

The little boy who was called Deku gasp in fear as the three other boys charged at him. That's when I decided to act using my magic to stop them as my left eye socket glowed a faint orange color as this stopped the three boys, as for the small boy who was called Deku had his eyes closed as he waited for his beating...But it never came! He opened his eyes to see why? what he saw that his jaw on the floor.

Kacchan and the other boys were floating, and they were freaking out because they were stuck in the air tried to get back down, that's when I stepped into view and I spoke up. "Nyehhehheh! Never fear small human I the great Papyrus is here to save you."

I said I just started walking closer to them, once I was closed and the three attacking boys were terrified as I stood next to the small boy, who I believe his name was Deku that was a strange name for a human nevertheless I will help this human. "Picking on those who cannot defend themselves for shame, I the great Papyrus would not let you continue on picking on these two small human boys." After I said that I summon a ring of Bones right behind me along with one of my gaster blasters, to make me look more intimidating to get my point across.