Chapter 6

What Ellie runs in, in the mornings

----------------------------------------

Ellies POV

The rest of the day went by quickly with Health after lunch then Study Block and after second break an assembly hosted my Principal Williams welcoming everyone back. He made note for seniors to show the freshman around and a mention that I'm 99% certain was aimed at Billie that live animals were not permitted on school grounds, before dismissing us all to go home.

"Knock, knock" Finneas said walking into my room and sat on my bed.

"Hey Fin" I put my pen down and turned my desk chair to face him.

"How was school kiddo?" aww he's acting like my brother.

"It was good, overwhelming but I was with Billie most of the day so that helped. Why does everyone at school worship the ground she walks on? And also why do they call her 'Billie Eilish'? Isn't O'Connell your surname?"

Finneas laughed at my confusion and shook his head "doesn't seem like it but Billie can be an extremely charming person when she wants to be" oh she sure can with that dazzling smile.

"And either they love her or are scared of her for whatever reason or story they've heard. As for Eilish it's one of her middle names but she refers to it like it's her surname"

"Right"

"Anyway" he clapped his hands standing up , coming over to give me a hug "I'm off to see Claudia but there's food in the kitchen that I cooked when you've finished your homework"

"Bye Fin" I mumbled against his chest "thankyou"

"No problem Ellie, Billie's in the basement so just tell her dinners ready when you head down"

I completed my homework a little while later and headed downstairs after my shower and changing into sweats and a big shirt. Deciding to join Billie in the basement I piled the food Fin cooked onto two plates and headed downstairs.

"Billie! Fin left earlier but cooked dinner for us and—" I stopped and noticed her asleep on the couch.

Do I wake her? I mean if she gets insomnia maybe she should get all the sleep she can, but like my dad always told me if you nap before dinner, you'll never be able to go to sleep.

"Yo Bil, I have dinner. Wake up" I shook her shoulder.

"I heard you the first time Eleanor" so she wasn't asleep.

"Sorry I didn't realise you were sleeping but at least I came with food" I tried lifting her negative spirits.

"That you did" she mumbled looking at the plate on the coffee table.