MODULE 2 - Talk 7 (The Christian Family)

God bless. Aries received Fayette's text message. Every day, she sends her that exact message. Walang palya. He smiled.

Today, he achieved something great. He can't wait to tell her pag nagkita sila. Hindi pa niya nasabi na pupunta siyang Australia for a mission.

***

"Ang tagal naman ng Wednesday!" Maya quipped.

"Ikaw lang 'ata ang may gusto ng weekdays, bro. Friday night pa lang, ha. Ayaw mo man lang bang i-enjoy ang Saturday and Sunday?" his housemate replied.

"Tara, let's go to Fortitude Valley."

They did but his friend noticed na may nag-iba kay Maya. After two beers, gusto nang umuwi and parating may ka-text. Hmmm...

***

Wednesday came, he was excited. Wow, siya ba to? Excited siyang mag-attend ng church activity? Their CLP's done every fortnight (Wednesdays).

As he was preparing, he received a call from his mom.

"Maya." Her voice was muffled. "Someone wants to talk to you."

"Nak...Nak, I'm sorry. Patawarin mo ang papa, ha? Andami kong pagkukulang sayo."

He knew he's a cold, unfeeling person but hearing his dad's voice after a long time, it made a crack on the hard rock that was his heart.

As a cherry on top of the cake, nagkabalikan ang parents niya. He has never heard his mom so happy. His dad sounded different. He sounded like he's home. That he's finally home after being lost for a long time.

That night during the CLP, and for the first time, he bore his soul to his brothers. For the first time, he did not fake it. For the first time, he found genuine brotherhood with the rest of the guys in his soon-to-be-household. For the first time, he finally shared about his pains, about his lolo, and how much he misses him. For the first time in a long time, he allowed himself to be vulnerable.

When Fayette looked at him, for the first time since they met, she saw real joy in his eyes and it made him look more handsome in her eyes.