MODULE 1 - Talk 2 (Who is Jesus Christ?)

"You're going out again?"

Fighting with his mom has become a norm in Jeremiah's house. She just doesn't understand him. He's 18 years old now. He has barkadas. He wants to drink and party and goof around with girls. Who cares about grades and household chores? Who cares about the future?

"Whatever, ma."

He slammed the door as he went out, not knowing how sad his mom was that day. The marriage annulment between Jeremiah's parents have been finalized. His dad was finally free to marry his mistress in the court of law.

His mom tried to save the marriage but there are things beyond our control. Now, it's time to let go.

Before he arrived sa party district, he passed by their town's church. Not because he wanted to but because it was the only way. A stranger stopped him.

"Do you have a minute, brother? I would like to talk to you about our Savior."

Jeremiah laughed. Savior? What kind of savior would allow his grandpa to die like that? What kind of hero would allow her mother to be cheated on?

"You know what's funny? You all look stupid when you do the sign of the cross," he mocked the stranger. "Para saan naman yun? Does it make your 'thoughts and prayers' more powerful? Huh?"

The stranger smiled. "Personally, I do the sign of the cross because it is a reminder of the greatest love story ever written. It reminds me of how a Prince once went down from Heaven just to save us, sinners. It reminds me of how great God's love is na binigyan niya tayo ng isang Jesus Christ. We don't just have God as a father but we have Jesus as a selfless savior and a comforting brother.

And alam mo, ngayon, I can feel the Holy Spririt saying something to me."

The stranger took a metal scapular and gave it to Jeremiah.

"What the heck is this?" He scoffed. "Bigay mo nalang sa mga naniniwala ng magic at kay Santa Claus yan."

He left knowing full well na he has a Lady of Mt. Carmel scapular, too. It was a brown one given by his lolo but stopped wearing it when he passed away.

An hour or so after he arrived sa Barcino bar, this what-seemed-to-be-drunk girl puked on him.

'Badtrip! Kung kailan nag-e-enjoy na ako!'

He headed out to change nang biglang nagkagulo sa loob ng bar. Suddenly, there was a gun shot.

"You're okay, you're okay," he kept on telling himself as people were running past him.

Unknowingly, he did the sign of the cross.