Chapter 23

Tour was over. The rocky period of time Dave and Kurt's relationship fell into felt smoother, they both were getting back up from their struggles they were facing as a couple and trying to work on them.

Dave talked with Kurt everyday- in a deeper sense, everyday he tried to get all his feelings out into words. He thought Kurt had a difficult time communicating with him and when they did this the frontman would often get frustrated, not wanting to talk about it. But now they talked much better and Dave had a better sense of how to help him.

Dave also helped with Kurt's addiction but quitting a hard drug like heroin wasn't easy especially with the withdrawls Kurt would face. The drummer suggested rehab, even better now since they were done with tour but his boyfriend refused. Kurt insisted he'd be fine, that the drug helps his stomach and he wasn't that heavily addicted.

Dave knew he was addicted, Kurt either didn't want to admit it or didn't know. Still they were working through that obstacle and Dave tried to stay hopeful, believing things were much better than when his boyfriend wrote him that letter.

Kurt expected to feel at his worst when tour was finished because Courtney warned him he better get back with her by then. Instead he felt better than he imagined, with Dave supporting him he felt loved and cared for. He felt more soothed than he has in a long time.

They tried to avoid any news about them for the first few days when they were home. Kurt didn't feel like hearing about Courtney, just hearing the name itself dampened his mood. He spent a few days at Dave's house, since Courtney is at their old house.

They spent those days being lazy and lying around together. Being on tour drained them and they needed to recharge. They were non-stop when on tour, from meeting fans to shows to parties some days, it was wild. From interviews to being in a tour bus for long hours the process took a toll on them. Laying around was something they missed doing, especially in each other's arms.

Kurt fell asleep too many times during the day when he'd lay with Dave. Dave would do the same, and in the morning he wouldn't want to get up and leave Kurt's warmth. After a few days of staying inside, the drummer decided to take his lover on a date.

"Kurt!" Dave surprised him in a hug from the behind, startling the other male.

"What the fuc-" Kurt turns around and sighs in relief, setting the book he was reading down. "It's only you.. What?"

Dave snorted, letting laughs fall from his lips.

"Yeah someone is going to break into my apartment!" He made fun of his boyfriend for thinking it was somebody else.

"I care about our safety, Dave!"

"I'm just messing with you, but I wanted to tell you that we're going on a date so get your ass in the shower, I want you to smell nice." Dave smirked.

"Ugh do we have to?" The blond guitarist groaned, falling back onto the couch lazily and knowing that he had no choice when the brunette scooped him back up again.

"Yes! We both need fresh air and I.. wanted to take you out."

Kurt noticed a visible blush on Dave and only smiled, rolling his eyes as he pressed a kiss to his mouth.

"Okay, I'll take a shower now. I can't wait."

Hearing that Kurt actually wanted to go out and better yet be with him made Dave's day 100 times better. Seeing Kurt happy was all he ever wanted to see, especially with all that he has been feeling lately.

Dave showered earlier and got dressed into something more suitable for going out, it dawned on the drummer that he never decided where they were going. Kurt was the type who didn't really mind, it was all for the experience and Dave wanted to capture the perfect memory for him.

He decided on a picnic, as cheesy as it sounded. They had no food for a picnic here which wasn't an issue because they can stop by a store and pick up some food. It made him feel more comfortable since a public place will attract people and cameras and accusations. The way they had to live out their relationship sucked, but one day they'll be accepted.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Kurt walk into his room with only a towel on. Kurt flipped him off playfully and dug down, going through his bag of clothes. He only had his tour luggage of clothes, the rest being at his and Courtney's old house. Kurt wasn't sure if he wanted to go back there.

He quickly got dressed, feeling insecure in his own skin. Dave examined Kurt once dressed, questioning how he got so lucky to have someone as handsome as him.

"You look amazing," Dave held his hand and pecked his cheek, "As always.. How do you do it?"

"Thanks Dave, but I don't think I look that good..." Kurt hides his face into Dave's shoulder, never knowing how to take compliments.

"What? Kurt, you need some confidence. You are the most beautiful person ever, I never seen anyone with your features."

"Thanks, I've hated my appearance for the longest time but I love your honesty and trying to bring my self-esteem up. You're more good looking to be honest, you're beautiful and if someone says otherwise they have issues." He grinned widely and pulled him into a deep kiss.

It was a loving moment and the two left the apartment to go on their date.