Chapter 24

Dave and Kurt stopped by a nearby store and picked up sandwiches, drinks and some snacks for the picnic. They went to a spot that no one will find them at and set up the food.

The drummer watched Kurt eat his sandwich and pick at a few chips. His eyes trailed back to his food which he ate happily, savoring the delicious taste.

Kurt stayed quiet while eating, speaking up occasionally when Dave would talk to him. It was a peaceful date for the pair, they were in a secluded space with each other's company and love, all they wanted.

The air felt right against their skin, with the sun already more than halfway down. They were surrounded by nature, there was huge forests around them, they'd hear noises coming from them. They saw deer walking around in the woods, they saw the sun sink down further and felt the scene become much cozied and much to their taste. Some music would've made it perfect.

Kurt finished his food, continuing to eat the snacks. He hummed to himself and picked at some of the grass on the ground, twiddling around with a dandelion he saw.

His calloused fingers picked it up and he played with the plant in his hands. He shrugged when he felt the urge to make a wish because if he were to make one, what would he wish for? He felt at peace then, and yeah Kurt was aware how quick that can change but in that moment he was happy. With Dave, that peace is what he wished for all the time.

Dave saw Kurt holding the dandelion and smiled. He pinched his cheek, chewing on his sandwich still. He finished his sandwich and hugged Kurt lovingly, their bodies toppling against the grass.

Their arms stayed wrapped around one another and the sun set further. All thoughts that'd worry the two went away, they only wanted to treasure the moments they can have together that weren't indoors.

It felt more real because of how much they had to seclude it. Because this is one of a few times they can be like this they wanted it to be lovely. They weren't going to be able to go on a lot of dates without looking suspcious, but they'll try to work around it.

"Hey Dave, I love you."

The words were so sudden but yet were spoken at the right time. It blended with the moment perfectly, and it surprised the drummer because he only saw those words in the note Kurt wrote and he only admitted it when he confronted him about it.

"You do?" Dave looked more than happy, those words made fireworks explode in his body. Those words were simply spelled, simply said but so rarely were they ever truly used in the right context. Rarely were they ever used by people who actually loved each other.

"Yeah. I mean it, and I'm just happy I'm finally with someone who won't hurt me. You mean so much to me Dave, thank you for showing me I can be loved.. thanks for loving me even when I'm miserable and drag you down. You don't go down with me, you pick me up so I can be with you." Kurt explained, his tone of voice sounding so meaningful and appreciative, "Thanks for opening my eyes. You are the only person who I will ever want to be with."

"Kurt, you are the most loveable person. It's not your fault you have these feelings, it's not your fault how easily your emotions shatter. You're beautiful and respect and try to love what you can, you try to understand who you can. On those days I want to bring you up, instead of moving downwards we are moving up and it still is hard, up is far and we have to work through our struggles together. But you're welcome, thank you for being mine because I couldn't ask for anyone more amazing than you, love."

Kurt's sea blue eyes filled up with tears, feeling emotional over Dave's words and the intense amount of love in that moment. He sniffled, cupping Dave's cheeks and running their lips together for a loving, passionate kiss that the two of them devoured.

Their tongues danced together, their hands trailing their bodies and them still being down on the grass. They couldn't pay attention to anything around them, their attention was on the captivating moment right in front of their lips.

Dave slid a hand up Kurt's shirt, Kurt's cheeks red from this action.

"D-Dave... when we get home?" He shyly asked, not feeling comfortable advancing any further here.

"Of course Kurt, I just want to know if you're ready? If you're not it's okay, I want it to be something you'll enjoy and I don't want it to feel forced or unwanted to you."

Kurt thought for a few seconds before nodding in agreement.

"Yes I'm... ready." He blushed, attaching their lips again and holding his boyfriends hands, "Thank you for respecting that and my time."

"You're welcome. I never did anything with a guy before too, so I've been wanting to wait till I'm ready as well..." Dave blushed, relieved the two of them shared the mutual want for each other right then.

They left their picnic after another 20 minutes because they were eager and couldn't wait to experience a moment they'll hold onto forever.