Chapter 2

"JiaLi, mom and dad are going to be busy this month. Your allowance has been sent to your account. Be good and don't cause trouble." JiaLi reads the message her mom has sent her this morning. Just because her family is well-off doesn't mean she's happy. Her parents have always been busy and never had time for her.

        "JiaLi, it's time to get up. You've been in bed for so long, I'm afraid that you've forgotten how to walk." CuiXiu jokes the moment she walks in. She notices her slightly dour expression. "What's wrong?" JiaLi quickly hides her phone and shakes her head.

        "Nothing." She replies. CuiXiu eyes her closely.

        "JiaLi, is it your parents?" From this question, JiaLi can't help but show a weak smile.

        "You know them."

        "Yeah, and how they're always too busy for their only child." CuiXiu huffs in dissatisfaction.    "Well, let's think about positive things instead. It's been decided; you will be engaged to 5 Ge."

        "Was that the only option?" JiaLi asks. CuiXiu shakes her head no.

        "You wouldn't want the other option." She warns JiaLi.

        "Oh."

        "But! This is your chance!" CuiXiu suddenly gets fired up. "You can use this opportunity to make fall for you!"

        "CuiXiu, calm down. You're being a bit too passionate about it." JiaLi cooly states.

        "Of course I'd be! You've had a crush on him for so long and as your best friend I want to see it through." Also, I get to tease you about it. Payback time. JiaLi does not notice the hidden motive CuiXiu's eyes.

        "Do you think I might just be an obligation to him?" JiaLi asks, uncertain.

        "JiaLi, you are always confident about everything but love. I wonder why?" At CuiXiu's statement, JiaLi just smiles wryly.

        "I heard that you'll be fine to go back to school tomorrow. You don't have to stay up, trying to make up missed work, I got you covered." She smirks a self-satisfying smile. JiaLi could only eye her suspiciously.

        "What did you do?" JiaLi cautiously asks. All CuiXiu does is continue smiling. "Since you like smiling so much, I guess you won't have a problem laughing then." JiaLi proceeds to attack CuiXiu by tickling her. What a frightful move indeed. CuiXiu could only laugh maniacally in her defense. Sensing a moment of fatigue, CuiXiu takes the opportunity to escape.

        "You'll find out tomorrow!" CuiXiu loudly announces and then continues with her leave. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is kinda short.¯\_( ◉ 3 ◉ )_/¯ BUT! I am the author, I decide the length. Mwahahaha! 

tbh, I'm busy with college. Who decided morning classes were a good idea? ( ˃̶͈ ̯ ̜ ˂̶͈ˊ ) ︠³