Chapter 8

Arriving back, JiaLi decides to take a bath to destress from all the recent events. Taking out the bath salts that her mom sent when she went to Japan, JiaLi lies back, finally able to relax.

      YiYu returns with a small gift for JiaLi in order to get into her good graces. He notices the bathroom light on and decides to get it to her after she finishes.

       JiaLi has been in there for a while. YiYu notices the long time that JiaLi spent in the bathroom, not coming out at all and no sound has been heard. It has been over 2 hours, something obviously happened but YiYu is a slow boy. He goes up to check on her.

       "JiaLi?" No response, so he decides to knock again but still, silence. YiYu starts to panic a little, so he turns the door knob while knocking even more, only to find it unlocked. The first thing he sees is JiaLi lying in the bathtub, motionless. "JiaLi!" He goes up to shake her awake, forgetting the fact that she was naked.

       "Huh?" JiaLi lets out weakly. "YiYu?" She shivers, the water has long turned cold.

       "JiaLi, what are you doing? How long have you been in here?" He looks at her with extreme worry.

       "I just wanted to take a bath." She replies.

      "Let's get you out, you're going to get sick like this."

       "Wait!" JiaLi finally notices her nakedness. "Don't look!"

        "What? Oh...sorry." YiYu also finally notices, turning around, hiding his blush from JiaLi. He grabs the towel and hands it to her. JiaLi silently takes it, embarrassed. "I'll be outside." He leaves, closing the door behind him. JiaLi gets dressed, berating herself for falling asleep in the bath and not locking the door.

       "Thank you, I'll be more careful from now on." She softly states with her head lowered to hide her embarrassment.

       "It's no problem, everyone makes mistakes." YiYu also avoids looking at her in this awkwardness. The two of them run off to their own rooms.

      Ahhh! I'm so stupid. How could I fall asleep like that! He saw everything! JiaLi screams in her head.

       In the next room, YiYu calms himself. I saw her... He doesn't finish that thought.Both didn't sleep till late.

        The next morning, JiaLi wakes up to her alarm, feeling horrible. I must be sick. That would be the only logical explanation since she did fall asleep in the bath. But we were supposed to go out today. She gets up lethargically, wanting to go on a date, or something similar, with YiYu. She opens her room only to collapse as she has to strength. YiYu comes out of his room and sees her fall.

        "JiaLi!" He hurries to her. She was burning with a fever. "Why did you get out of bed when you're this sick." He picks her up and carries her to bed. "Wait here, I'll make some porridge for you." YiYu goes to the kitchen. He comes back with the rice porridge.

       "Sorry, we were supposed to go out today." She apologizes.

        "What are you saying, that doesn't matter. Here, eat some." He blows to cool down the porridge then feeds her. "I'll go and buy some medicine for you later."

        "No need, I have some in the drawer. I'm used to this." Her parents were never there when she was sick, they were too busy. After eating as much as she can, YiYu feeds her the medicine.

        "Get some rest." He gently says.

        "Sorry for the trouble." She apologizes before dozing off.

        "What trouble? You're more important." He whispers, lightly kissing her forehead. 

================================================================================

Yo~ It's been a while. Sorry, I've been busy with summer courses then fall semester started. I miss elementary school so much! ( ˃̣̣̥ω˂̣̣̥ )