Chapter 5

"Have you ever heard of yue xia lao ren("old man beneath the moon")?  YiYu asks.

"Of course I have, why?" YiHuo furrows his eyebrows slightly at the sudden random question as he checks the progress of JiaLi's recovery.

"Ge ("older brother"), I've met him once," YiYu says staring into space.

"What? When was this? Does grandpa know? Does anyone know?" YiHuo, surprised by this information from out of the blue, started asking many questions at once.

"No, there's no one else that knows."

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" YiHuo is confused by the rashness of that decision by his prudent little brother.

"I remember meeting JiaLi when she was 10, it was the first time grandpa allowed me to come back from mountain training. That night, yue xia lao ren came to visit me. He told me that JiaLi will one day be my bride. I didn't understand why. She was just a little girl that was friends with my cousin. Then I left a year later and I didn't see her again until she was 16. That summer, I saw how cute she is, how pleasing it is for me to watch her happy." YiYu explains.

"Then you should be fine with the current situation, what lao ren ("old man") was true then."

"When she agreed to marry me, I didn't know that I would be so overjoyed. If only she actually has feelings for me." YiYu laments.

"What? Why do you say that?" YiHuo is confused. Does he not realize that JiaLi likes him?

"Every time I get close to her, she seems so uncomfortable." YiYu scoffs at himself. "It's like I'm repulsive." 

"No, that's not-" YiHuo tries to clear up the misunderstanding only to be interrupted.

"Ge, the old man's calling you!" The youngest of the cousins, YiWang, comes in irradiated at the task of having to call YiYu.

"Alright, I'm coming," YiYu tells him, then turns to YiHuo. "Thanks for listening." And then leaves.

"Wait! I still didn't-" YiHuo sighs. "Did you have to come in at that moment?"

"What? I was just doing what the old man told me to do." YiWang defends himself.

"YiWang, I've told you multiple times already, be more respectful." YiHuo phones start ringing." I'll deal with you later." YiWang shrugs it off as he has been lectured by his older cousin before.

YiYu walks into the study.

"Grandfather, you needed to see me?" The elder had his back turned to him.

"That's right. XiaoWu ("little 5"), are you sure about this marriage?"

"Certain."

"I know you've always been a good child, but you do not have to take responsibility for this problem with this method."

"It's fine. This way is simpler." The elder turns around.

"But you will be wasting this opportunity. With your talent, you could one day ascend the ranks and achieve divinity. Our Hou family may be special but that does not stop the other powerful clans to look down and attack us. If you could ascend, then the safety and stability of our family will be insured for some hundred years." He lectures his grandson.

"I know that, but I'm determined to be responsible for her, I promised her that. Besides, YiWang is talented enough that he can perhaps achieve this fortune for our family."

"That rascal is not disciplined enough for it!" His blood pressure is rising from this stress.

"I've made up my mind already. I'll take my leave then." YiYu walks out.

"You-" The old man could only sigh.

================================================================================

Surprise! This was pretty fast by my standards of updating. I won't have as much free time to write after break so the next one might take a while. ( '△`)