chapter one

"Do I HAVE to go to Auradon Prep?" A look of disgust still plastered on her face, she saw her father nod quickly, shoving some of her clothes in her luggage as she laid on her back. "No quiero ir, why can't we just have someone come teach me here?"

    The question went unanswered, although she knew the reason why. After her father went through his life-changing experience of being a llama, and the hijinks that ensued, he discovered that he had been a horrible person. Pre-llama Emperor Kuzco was almost a villain to his own people. Getting an outside education, a new perspective on life, helped prevent him from becoming a full-blown villain. 

   When King Adam united the kingdoms and placed all of the villains on the Isle of the Lost, he almost forced Kuzco and his family to the dark and dreary island. Luckily, Pacha was able to vouch for the changed man.

    Katia had known this day was coming for months, every passing day making her resent the school she was going to be forced to live at to she finish her education. While she had learned the basics, being proper and princess-like wasn't something she looked forward to. 

   "Te quiero, pa," She said as she exhaled, standing up from her bed to hug the man trying to prepare her for her future. 

   "I love you too, mija." He almost wanted to tear up, looking at his daughter in his arms with pride. He knew that she was destined to be a great leader, and this experience would only make her better.

   Their embrace was cut short as a loud honking could be heard from outside their home. Pulling away, their faces mirroring confusion. She then heard her mother yell for her before explaining the honking.

   "KA-ATA-KILLA! Ya te van a llevar a Auradon! Estas lista?" 

   "Ya voy!" After quickly shoving the rest of her essentials in her luggage, she caught up to her father, who had exited their home to greet the limo driver. Both her mother and younger sibling were waiting near the limo to say goodbye. 

   She gave her brother a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek, hearing him whisper, "Puedo ir contigo?" Giving him a sad smile, she shook her head. "If you come with me, who's gonna make sure these two don't ruin our empire?" She winked at her brother as his smile mirrored hers. 

   Giving her mother a tight hug, she hadn't realized that there were four people in the limo watching their interactions full of jealousy. Empress Malina gave her daughter one piece of advice before the limo driver opened the door for the princess, "Learn as much as you can while can while proving the shit-talkers wrong."

   Ka-Ata-Killa laughed at her mother's words, nodding with pride. She gave her father one last hug before realizing that the limo driver had gone back to his seat, ready to leave. "I gotta go, los amo a todos!" 

   What the princess was not expecting was to be instantly bombarded with questions as she entered the limo. The questions continued as they began to drive away from her home. 

   "What language were you speaking?"

   "Who are you?"

   "Do you wear makeup?" 

   "What is this place?"

   "Are your parents villains?"

   "Are you a princess?"

   She held her hand up, shushing the three excited teens from proceeding with their questions. "Wow, sorry! I wasn't expecting anyone to be in the limo!" She let out a small, nervous breath before introducing herself. "Hi, my name's Ka-Ata-Killa, but I know that's too hard for some, most, people. Call me Katia, and I can answer your questions once I know your names." 

  The boy closest to her introduced himself as "Carlos de Vil, son of Cruella de Vil," with a wide, innocent smile. It then dawned on her that these were the children of the Isle of the Lost, the sort of rehabilitation program for the kids of villains. Carlos ignored her hand, outstretched to shake, instead grabbing some more of the candy that the other boy was into. While he shoved his hand into the bowl, he asked his questions again "What language were you speaking? Where are we?" 

   "Spanish," Katia responded, "And this is the Incan Empire, my home."

   "Jay, son of Jafar," The boy dressed in red and blue said, the look on his face not as inviting or comforting as Carlos's had been. His was a bit more flirtatious, adding a wink at the end. She smiled warmly, shaking his hand. 

   The girl in blue caught Katia's attention. Wow, she is gorgeous, Katia thought to herself. "Princess Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen, and I love your accessories! Super cute and unique." They shook hands briefly before the future Empress turned her attention to the girl dressed in purple. 

   The last girl, the one who didn't any questions, remained silent and unimpressed by Katia's appearance, hesitated to introduce herself. Curiously, Katia raised her eyebrow, insisting wordlessly that she introduce herself. "Mal, daughter of Maleficent." 

  Still smiling, although considerably less, she remembered why she was in the limo. She was leaving her parents for the first time, to learn about things she couldn't care less about. "My parents, who you saw me say goodbye to, are Emperor Kuzco and Empress Malina of the Incan Empire. I'm being sent to Auradon Prep to learn what it means to be a Princess, and an Empress."

   The rest of the ride to Auradon Prep was mostly silent, the Villain Kids talking amongst themselves, only Carlos including Katia in some conversation here and there. She didn't mind, she knew that they'd be very wary of whoever they crossed paths with. Watching the nature go by her window, she anxiously anticipated seeing the King and his family again.

[ a/n okayyyy so there's chapter one! thanks for reading it! pls lmk what you think abt it, comments, questions, concerns. im really sorry if it sucks bcs i really feel like it does. thanks again!  

here's what katia wears most of the time :)

 ]