28 Months Earlier ( June 28th 2012) Part 1B

(Autumn's P.O.V.)

It was 8:30 when we finally arrived at the auditions. After going through the whole entry process, we got our audition number- 12146.

After waiting around for 4 hours, entertaining ourselves by meeting other contestants and playing Star Maker on Izzy's phone, a crew member called our number and told us to follow her. Our families seemed more nervous then we were. She lead us backstage, where the sounds of the crowd were really loud.

   At around 2:30 another crew member came over-he was super cute- and ushered me and Iz to sidestage. I turned around and blew my family a kiss.

   I was freaking out, but only on the inside. I took some calming breaths and smiled at Iz as she took hold of my clammy hand. The cute crew member gave us the signal and we walked onstage.

   The crowd started cheering and I knew that it was finally our time to prove ourselves. I winked at Izzy as we took our spots on the X that was placed on the center of the stage.

  The only thing seperating us from Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato, L.A. Reid, and Britney Spears were a few steps and a slim desk, it was no more than ten feet away. Not to mention the thousands of people in the audience watching us.

   "What's your names, darlings?" Simon asked. Izzy introduced herself first, as we planned, while I internally blushed- Simon flipping Cowell called me darling!

  Simon turned his attention towards me. "And you are?" I squeezed Izzy's hand that I was still holding and started talking. 

   "I'm Autumn Hills. I'm 17 years old and I live about 40 minutes away from New York City." The crowd cheered at the mention of NYC. 

   "And how did you meet?" Are you two friends or...?" Demi asked. "I moved from NYC upstate when I was 11, and met Izabel in the 6th grade. We've been best friends ever since."

"Aww" the audience collectively said.

  "And what will you be singing for us today?" Simon asked us. "Our own rendition of Say You Like Me by We The Kings." Izzy answered.  "Well good luck girls." Simon commented.

   The music started and I squeezed Izabel's hand, she reciprocated and began singing. Her rich, smooth voice resonating in the arena.

He's the guy that no one ever knows.
And I say hi, but he's too shy to say hello.
He's just waiting for that one to take his hand
And shake him up.
I bet I could.

   My solo is almost here. I let go of Izzy's hand, putting my hand on her shoulder. She finishes her line and looks at me.

   She mouths to me "Bernice is history, just focus on the music." I smirk and count the beat. 3, 2, 1-

I wish my heart was always on his mind.
'Cause he's on mine like all day, all the time.
Forget me not, forget me now.
I’ve come too far to turn around.
I’m here tonight.

   I sing with my entire soul, forgetting about the audience and the judges and I just sing my heart out. I need this, I deserve this, and I was going to get this. Otherwise Bernice would win.

(Izabel's P.O.V.)

   "Bernice is history, just focus on the music." I mouthed to Autumn. Bernice is Autumn's anxiety, we named it that 3 years ago when her psychologist told her it would be a good idea to have a code name for ger anxiety.

   Autumn started singing,  her silky yet slightly raspy voice taking over the entire room.  L.A. was grinning like an idiot and Simon seemed impressed. The chorus came and we sang together,  our voices intertwining into one.  It was the most awe inspiring moment that I've ever experienced.

'Cause I'm never going down,
I'm never giving up.
I'm never gonna leave,
So put your hands up.
If you like me,
Then say you like me.
I'm never going down,
I'm never giving up.
I'm never gonna leave,
So put your hands up.
If you like me,
Then say you like me.

Whoa, oh, oh, oh.
Whoa, oh, oh, oh.
Whoa, oh, oh, oh.
Whoa, oh, oh, oh.

Just say you like me.

(3rd Person P.O.V.)

   The girls finished their audition with melodious harmonies and the crowd gave a standing ovation. Izabel and Autumn hugged each other,  both of them tearing up a bit.

  "Well, well, well." Simon started. "You two have something special, I can feel it." He adds.

  L.A. Reid spoke next, "I don't think you guys know how good you are. The way your voices blend- its like you were made to sing together."

Then Demi spoke. "I think your both very talented, and it's refreshing to see a group where both parts are strong. But you're still quite young. If you would go home and come back next year I think you might actually have a real chance to win this." 

  The crowd booed and the contestants just stood onstage, unsure of how to react. "Clearly this one's gone mad." Simon states, pointing at Demi. "You girls have a real chance of winning this year. Don't listen to her."

   The audience want crazy causing Izabel and Autumn to start crying.

   "We're going to vote now. L.A.? "I like you, yes!" He answered.

"Britney?" Simon called. "I really enjoyed that audition, its a yes from me."

"Demi?" Simon calls. " I'm so sorry but I don't think your ready yet. You need time to make sure that you know who you are, because this industry will ruin you if you don't."

   "Well don't bother listening to her," Simon cut her off. "I loved you and I'm giving you a big fat yes!"

The two girls onstage hugged each other and let a few more tears slip sown their face. It was an emotional moment for them and the whole arena was on its feet, erupting in cheer.

   Simon smirked at the teens onstage, he knew something special when he saw it. 

   The girls ran back stage and their families engulfed them into one large hug. And in that moment  all the feelings of nerves and uncertainty had been long forgotten.

(A/N. HEEEYY  CHICAS! I really love the emotion of Iz and Autumn in this chapter♥ I worked really heard on this chapter so if u have any feedback please feel free to comment. Always let me know what u think♥♡♥ tnx for reading till the  end u lil choco cake!! Love you all★)

-Aurora xo