18 | REAL LIFE

Nat's POV

I was in the corner of the bar and even though people weren't looking at me I knew that they were talking about me.

Some weeks passed since Steve and I made public our relationship and most of people was still seeing me like an enemy, like that bad girl that made him break with his ex-girlfriend.

-Are you ok?- Steve asked approaching with a glass of wine.

We were at a meeting of celebrities and I went with him since I was his girlfriend.

-Yeah... At least people isn't saying anything about me. Not loudly at least- I answered.

-You want to leave?- he asked.

-I would like to, but I know that you have to stay here- I said.

-No, I don't. I can leave when I want- he said.

I smiled to him and slowly we walked towards the exit of the bar.

Once we were out we started walking but suddenly a man run in front of us and he seemed quite angry.

-You are not worthy- he said.

It all happened in a few seconds: I remember him taking a gun a shot me before Steve could do anything.

Luckly some policemen where near where we were and they stopped him while I fell on the ground, feeling a terrible pain in my stomach.

-Hey hey stay with me!- Steve said -Don't leave me please!-.

I was too weak to speak, I was loosing blood too quickly.

-It's ok, it's ok- he said.

And everything became black.