44 | REAL LIFE

Nat's POV

-First of all congratulations for your child- the lawyer said.

-Thank you- I answered trying to stay calm.

-When did all of this start?- he continued.

-When Steve and I started to be together-.

The lawyer nodded.

-Right and at the beginning everyone was against you am I right?-.

-Yes- I answered.

-Then, how did you exactly know that it was she who tried to kill you, same for the second time it happened-.

I took a deep breathe.

-We... We know how she can be when she loses something that was hers. And with the texts that she sent to Steve she clearly let us know that she was behind all of that- I said.

-Thank you Mrs. Rogers- the lawyer said.

That evening we were at home, all waiting for the jury to give us an answer, when we saw something at the news: Sharon escaped.

-I'm going to kill that woman right now!- I said angry.

-It's what she wants, she wants you to lose control so she becomes the victim!- Steve said.

-How can I ensure a life to my daughter if she is around?!- I asked -What if she decides to kill her too!-.

Steve hugged me while I started cry.

-I know, I know. I'll stop her, I promise- he said and kissed me -Stay here, lock everything. I'll be back as soon as possible-.

Some hours later the news on TV: Captain America won again and Sharon was back in jail.