Chapter One

• Dedicated to Megan B

“Fuck I hate my life” This was my first day at my new school, I’d always wanted to go to Australia, but I never thought it’d happen like this, life back in England was going so well, I dreaded moving, making friends was not my strong point, I mean I was happy that my dad got a promotion, he’d been wanting this for years but none of us had ever really thought of how big the circumstances would be.

“Shit” I was lost, it was already 9:50, and I still hadn’t recovered from jet lag, even though it had been two weeks since we landed in Melbourne, the crap on this piece of paper made no sense, so I had no other option to head to the main office. I slowly made my way through the empty hall ways to the front of the school, until I came upon the same woman who had greeted me half an hour ago. I coughed quietly under my breath, hoping to catch her attention, she steadily looked up, and realising it me she smiled warmly and said “Megan, are you alright?”

I walked over to her desk and explained to her that I had got lost and she comforted me asking if I would like someone to show me around.

“Yes please miss” I replied shyly. She immediately started looking through her computer to see what girls were in my classes. I went and sat down on the small sofa, waiting patiently. Five minutes later I heard the door being pushed open, and I quickly turned my head. Before me stood two pretty girls, roughly my age, the one on the right stopped and smiled at me, she looked nice. She approached me as if we’d been friends for years, automatically hugging me, “My name is Rose, Rose Smith, your Megan, right?” She said cheerfully. She had amazing long blonde hair that flowed gently to her hips. She was stunning so watch, her rosey red cheeks stood out from her pale complexion, her bright blue eyes shone in the light. I nodded “Hi, yeah, I’m Megan, it’s nice to meet you two.”

Suddenly the other girl raced towards me, standing next to Rose “OMG accent is so cool” She said enthusiastically “Are you British?”

“Yeah, I moved here two weeks ago.” I said grinning.

“I’m Laura Williams, me and Rose can show you around if you’d like?”

I couldn’t help but notice her big hazel eyes, glaring at me. She had full red lips that smiled at me softly and wavy bleached hair that led half way down her back, brown roots showing.

“Yes please” I said as I stood up from the sofa.

“Great, we’ve got media first, we’ll take you.”