Chapter 1: Katara

OK, so welcome to THIS...

You remember when Zuko went on little field trips with every member of the Gaang to make them like him? Yeah, good stuff.

Here I ask the question 'How would Azula get the Gaang to accept her?' so basically, it's a story about adult Azula trying to fit in with our heroes in the form of four field-trips because we care about tradition.

It takes place directly after the events of my story 'While The Parents Are Away' but you can ignore that and just read this, ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW is that Azula ran a criminal empire with her husband and they had a son named Zari.

The Gaang is all between 40 and 50 and their kids ages: Bumi (21), Kya (18), Izumi (17), Tenzin (15), Lin (14), Zari (10), Suyin (8) Even though I doubt I'll have time to mention all of them till the end of the story.

Alright, now off to it. First, we have a little warm up, then it's Katara's turn.

oooooooooo

The fact that some people could let vines grow on their house, and then call it style or decoration, simply boggled Azula. Most of the buildings on Air Temple Island were covered with them, even the steps she climbed to the main residence. She looked left to her brother, ready to voice her opinion on the place, but then stopped herself.

Nice. She has to be nice tonight.

"You two can go on in. We'll be right after you," Zuko said, turning to the kids once they were close to the largest building. Zari immediately started running to the door, not even thinking to check with Azula, while Izumi followed graciously after, probably wondering why her father wanted privacy.

"What?" Azula stopped walking once the kids were inside the house and out of sight.

"I just wanted to make sure you know how important tonight is." Zuko started carefully. "How important your behavior tonight is."

Azula wanted to object to being spoken to like a child, but stopped herself. "We had this conversation already, at the palace. Or have you forgotten? Or maybe you still don't trust me?"

"I trust you just fine. It's them you need to win over. You remember why?"

"Yeah, yeah... Apparently, they're all still afraid of me. Which to me, sounds like their problem."

"You see... Stuff like that!" He pointed at her. She resisted the urge to break the finger. "That's what you need to get rid of."

"I'll tell you if I'm taking character advice..." She breathed out and continued towards the building.

"I need to know you're going to try your best," he said after her, causing her to turn.

"Do you see my hair? It's down. Do you see the fruit cake in my hands?" She lifted the big glass plate slightly. "This is me trying."

"Good. But let me go in there first." He hurried to catch up to her.

"Why?"

"Just wait in the hall."

"I was invited tonight, wasn't I?"

"You would've been, if they knew you were going to be in the city." He paused. "I think."

oooooooooo

After finally proving his point, Zuko left his sister in the hallway and entered the biggest room in the entire house. It was where Aang and Katara always held parties. Birthday parties, graduations, they'd throw a get-together with any excuse they could think of.