Chapter 5

The floor was cool, and you began to feel chilled as your blood was no longer pumping. You sat up and looked for the closest article of clothing you could find. Luckily for you, his previous discarding of your thong left it within arms reach of him.

"Could you pass me that," you asked him, looking towards the black mesh bundle beside him. He reached over and picked it up and presented it to you dangling from one finger.

"You don't need to put these on - I'm only going to take them off again." You snickered but unhooked it from his finger and pulled them on. He stroked the length of your spine with his index finger as you did. He touch felt almost chilling against your sensitive skin. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Bathroom. Where is it?" He seemed relieved when you answered him. Perhaps he thought you were planning on going home. In truth you hadn't thought that far ahead, but it was a relief to know he wanted you to stay.

"It's down the hall. First door on the left." You stood up but before you could take a step he grabbed a hold of your ankle. You looked back down at him. "Come back quick."

"Come back to the floor?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Good point. Just make sure you don't disappear."

You walked over to the hallway to survey the mess of clothes you two had left across the tiny space. You could see in the mirrors reflection that he had rolled onto his side and was watching you. You picked up his underwear and tossed them at him. He caught them and sat up and began to put them on - his eyes were still on you though. You then picked up his shirt, his blazer and your dress. You turned and held them up for him to see.

"I want to see you wear my shirt," he said. You smiled as you got the answer you wanted. You always felt sexy in men's shirts after sex - and frankly, your dress was not something you wanted to squeeze back into. You walk back and tossed the rest of the close onto the chaise, then stood so he could have a perfect view of you slipping your arms into his shirt and buttoning it up. He watched, amused from your little show. You lifted the collar, closed your eyes and inhaled the scent of his shirt. It smelled like him. Clean and masculine, with a faint hint of sandalwood or oak - probably from a cologne or the whiskey he was drinking earlier. When you opened your eyes again, you could tell he was turned on by your basking in his smell. You gave him a wink before you turned to find the bathroom.

When you were done cleaning yourself up, you opened the door and found him waiting for you on the other side.

"Geez, you scared me," you jumped. He gave you his crooked grin and reached for your wrist to pull you gently into him.

He brought his face to yours. "I just wanted to make sure you were really here," he whispered against your lips. He kissed you then scooped you up into his arms and carried you down the hall - presumably towards his bedroom.

When you reached the bedroom, he tossed you on to the bed, then playfully jumped onto the mattress beside you, sliding up to the head so he could relax among the pillows. When he was comfortably settled on his side, he stretched out his one arm and patted the space beside him with the other, asking you to join him. You did. You crawled up next to him and laid your head on his bicep, positioning yourself so you could face him. Your feet and legs tangled together, and you held on to one another at the waist, occasionally running your palms affectionately across each others curves.

You spoke for a long time about anything, everything, and nothing. You made each other laugh. You told each other intimate stories that you'd normally only share with friends. He kissed you often. You smiled a lot. It felt good - like he was your long-time boyfriend you were spending a casual but romantic evening with. You had great chemistry, but it was worrisome. Your heart was fluttering and you could feel yourself growing more and more hopeful that this was more than just a one night stand. You were annoyed that you caught the feels in such an absurdly short period of time. You wanted to shake it off and shield your future self from disappointment and embarrassment for when it turned out to be only that. But he made it even more difficult with every playful jab, every smile, every sultry gaze, every affectionate touch and every intimate and vulnerable thing he shared with you.