chapter 2

Kaitlyn's pov

I turned the key and pushed the door open. The smell of drugs and alcohol greeting my nostrils once more as I closed the door. I was expecting my brother to be out by now but he was still on the couch. But there was something I didn't notice, on the coffee table there was a used packet of pain killers. The ones I bought yesterday. I quickly ran to my brothers side and checked his pulse on his neck. Nothing. I then tried his wrist. Nothing. I then put my ear to his mouth. Nothing. I stepped back from the course covering my hand with my mouth and reached the home phone. I dialled 999 and told them what happened. After I hung up I sprinted up the steps to grab some clothes and my guitar, eventhough I hadn't played it since i was 13. I stuffed as many clothes in my bag and guitar case as I possibly could and left the house in a huff. I didn't cry.

-------------------------------------------

A few minutes after I started walking I heard an ambulance wailing in the distance. Probably the one i called. I have no one now, just Tristan. And I don't cry. I knew where to go it just took longer than expected. I'm gonna have to tell Tristan. How would he take it? Would he cry? Would he get angry? I dismiss the thought and carry on walking.

All too soon, I get to Tristans. I knock loudly on the door. How should I tell him? I was trying to figure it out. When a happy beaming Tristan answered the door

"Hey" he said looking at my bag and guitar case he looked at me and sighed

"What happened" he exclaimed crossing his arms

"I'll tell you when I get in" I mumbled. He let me and guided me to the livingroom. I sat on the couch staring at the floor

"He's dead" I blurt out and I hear Tristans gasp as he sat on the sofa

"Oh my fucking hell" he said wide eyed he put his hand over his mouth in shock. His eyes were full of confusion

"How?" He asked

"Overdose I guess" i shrugged

"How can you shrug at this he's your brother your supposed to be beside yourself" he said raising his voice. I shrugged again.

"HE'S YOUR BROTHER" he roared

"HE STOPPED BEING MY BROTHER YEARS AGO" I roared back. I wasn't upset, I was angry. Tristans eyes softened.

"Why aren't you crying" he whispered

"I have no more tears left to shed" I replied simply sitting back

"Come here" said Tristan gesturing for me to give him a hug. I get off of the couch and wrap my arms around him. He's the only one who cares about me.

-----------------------------------------

We were like that for a while until there was an unexpected knock at the door.

"Who's that" I ask Tristan

"Probably the band you should meet them" he advised

"I dunno I'm not really into boy bands" I shrugged

"But you like my chemical romance" he stated "just sit down and I'll introduce you.

I obediently sit on the sofa. As soon as Tristan opens the door, I hear a hell of a racket come frok the boys. Soon after they all came sauntering in. I kept my head down not looking at them, if they saw my face they'd probably run a mile.

"Hello Kaits" said Tristan waving a hand infront of my face. Crap now I actually have to look at them. I slowly look up, my face being hidden by my hair.

"I'm James" said James quietly holding out his hand. I look back down and shake it. Connor introduced himself aswell. Were they it?

"Dammit where's Brad" mumbled Connor. As if on queue, there was a knock on the door. As Tristan went to answer it I ran upstairs. It felt like I was going to be sick. The stress was getting too much for me. I ran into the bathroom, and a horrible yellowy liquid slid up from my throat and out of my mouth into the toilet. I flushed the toilet and and took a look in the mirror. There were dark bags under my eyes and I just looked ugly. I rummaged around the bathroom to find a razor ir something sharp when there was a soft knock on the door.

"What" I choked

"Kaits let me in" he pleaded just as I found the razor. I sighed and put the razor back in my bag. I quietly unlocked the door for Tristan to open. I sat myself on the toilet seat. He opened the door and walked in.

"You okay" he asked pulling me into a hug

"Yeah I was just sick that's all" I mumbled "I'm tired"

"You know where the spare room is" he replied "ill bring up your bags"

We both left the toilet and went separate ways, me to the spare room and Tristan to get my things

I flopped onto the bed and face planted the pillow. It wasn't long before I closed my eyes and fell asleep