II

Hobson's Choice

"SO you're telling me that you're going to dress up as a hot lesbian to snatch the apartment that fits your broke standards? Sign me up for this porn," Jungkook snorted.

Jimin scowled.

"This is not the time for humorless jokes, please. Hoseok, some help?"

Hoseok sat on the idea that Jimin had put forth them for a while, until he finally opened his mouth.

"It doesn't bother me too much, but do wear lacy thongs and stockings, they're a huge turn-on. And give me a call when the house is empty, okay?" Hoseok winked.

"You two are useless!" Jimin huffed out, stomping into the kitchen.

"Sorry sweetheart, but I only hear squeaks from those cute little feet," Hoseok called out.

Jungkook whispered: "I'll talk to him. You're terrible at being deep, especially with that guy, so I'll take it from here."

"Not my fault you're the token straight and he's the token eye-candy," Hoseok shrugged, picking up his phone to make some calls.

"Yeah, Dawon? I have a friend-"

Jungkook skipped to the kitchen and found Jimin stirring cubes of sugar in his lemon tea.

"Is it iced?" The question left Jungkook before he could stop himself.

"Nope. Sorry, I like my tea hot," Jimin said, sipping it.

"I see. Do you have to move out?"

The shorter of the two men raised an eyebrow.

"Straight to the point, are we?"

"I'd like to get my answer, please," Jungkook pointed out.

"Alright then, tiger. I don't like depending on you guys. It's a simple matter of pride, I guess."

Jungkook nodded. "I can empathize with that. That's it?"

"You guys do get on my nerves, I have to admit," Jimin exhaled.

"Rude," Jungkook said and yet, there was a grin of agreement on his face.

"Before we start going all soft city and squish, are you sure about this?" Jungkook asked, reaching above Jimin for something.

"Yes, it's just a matter of six months. Should be enough to save up for fixing my position," Jimin hummed.

"And what if the landlord turns out to be an old, disgusting geezer?"

"I guess I can count on your Taekwondo belt for that and Hoseok's long legs."

"You're hopeless," Jungkook said, setting down the jar of whatever he had taken from the shelf on the counter.

"Give me your tea," he demanded. Jimin obliged, feeling suspicious.

"There, a pinch of salt does it. That brings out the flavour," he smiled, handing Jimin his cup back.

Jimin drank it and bobbed his head in appreciation.

"It's just a pinch, but sometimes you need just a pinch. Don't take everything so seriously, mate. Take shit with a pinch of salt, too."

Jimin snapped his head up to face a gleeful Jungkook.

"Did you just drop the title and description reference?"

"Shamelessly."