Frozen Lover

It was a beautiful sunny day at the lake. We both lie under the shade of a tree holding hands as we watch the animals swim on top the water that reflected the blue sky slowly fading to orange.

"To think this was a swamp for an overgrown faerie last week" she said to me then took a deep breath, "we really did save the world" she layed her head on my shoulder and smiled.

"Yeah" I replied looking at the island at the middle of the lake, an ash trellis stands in the centre facing west.

"We can finally get married!" she said sleepily. We fall asleep under the gentle orange tree.

It's cold. I wake up to see a frost queen stand on the edge of the now frozen river. My love was nowhere to be found. I run towards the queen, trying to resist the cold that surrounds me. The queen looks at me with... Pity? I slow down to a stop right before her, "I am sorry but she has a promise to keep." the queen says in an emotionless tone. The queen gestures me towards the river and I follow her guide. My love was frozen within the lake. Her figure frozen as if she struggled to get out. I fall to my knees in disbelief, we were going to be together, we were to be married soon, after all the time we have gone through, after all the madness we dealt with to be together, it was all for nothing?! I look towards the queen who just stood there looking down at me, "She has a promise to keep, and I am here to see it through"
"What kind of bs is that!"
"It has to be done"
The queen disappeared along with the cold and the ice was replaced with water.
What just happened? I looked around hoping for any clue that this is a dream, I found none. I took a deep breath, and went on my journey.