⁰²

━━━━

━━━━

Namjoon forgot to mention at dinner that the group would come today. It's a tradition that they came up with. The first week of an album's release, they would come together to see its rankings, fans' comments and just have a good time. There recent release, Persona is causing quite the commotion, especially with their collaboration with Halsey.

Everything needed to be ready by 7 tonight and it's 6:45.

The sound of footsteps began to fill the house, each one came louder until they stopped. I knew that he was here before he said a word. Despite not knowing each other for a lifetime, I can always sense his presence.

"Are you done with everything Y/n? We don't have all night to be waiting for royalty," Namjoon coolly asked.

Slowly inhaling and exhaling, I manage to not respond nasty. "I'm just placing the finishing touches on the food. Patience is a virtue, love."

A bitter laugh came from his lips, "Love...oh how often have I wish to feel that again. Oh and do try to make yourself presentable. I don't want the guys to see that you're looking worse than wear."

It's just not me then...how can I make this go back like it was before. Those days filled with smiles, laughs, companionship and love.

"Well if you would have offered help, maybe everything would've been ready Namjoon. You're so petty that you won't help for the sake of your friends."

The sound of the faucet running brought me out of my mind. I looked up from the cake I was frosting, to see Namjoon washing his hands and some wine glasses.

Just like I'm attuned to him, he was the same with me. He slightly turned his head in my direction and simply shrugged. "Don't think I'm helping you out, I'm doing this for them. Now leave that and get ready."

Gripping the spatula a little to hard, voice shaky, "For whatever it's worth, thank you Namjoon."

I placed the spatula near the cake and made my way up. I was halfway up the stairs when I heard his voice, "You're welcome Y/n."

[why did you wait namjoon?! why? 😔]