⁰⁵

━━━━

━━━━

One...two...three...four...five ...six

I counted out loud, to my reflection in the bathroom. It's been almost a week since we spoke in a good manner. Our relationship slowly crumbles with each day.

Instead of waking up a good morning, we each go out to ignore each other. When we do fill the silence, our words are laced with venom — hoping to hurt the other more. Namjoon isn't one of those guys that has an explosive side. We never had an argument that went too far.

Our house —once our home — has become our forever battleground. Decisions are never made, just postponed or completely forgotten. Our late night conversation are now endless hours of solitude.

However, tonight is different — another year added to our relationship. Three years since we met and two of those three since we became something more. Before everything started to crumble, Namjoon would always take me to our favorite restaurant —where we had our first date alone. There we would indulged in the chef's specialty of the night and just savor the moment.

I honestly don't know how today will go...my heart keeps hoping that today will be like those years ago. Sadly, my mind knew better than to think this. The endless battle between the mind and the heart is always a bitter one.

"You should get ready, Y/n. We'll be late for our reservations."

I looked toward the bathroom door and I almost swoon. There at the doorway, Namjoon stood in a black suit, with a white crisp button up shirt —the first two buttons unbutton. Almost every cell in my body was ready to jump him; however, in the back of my mind...I felt that this was not a celebration.

Trying my best to be nonchalant, "We had plans tonight, Namjoon? Why didn't you tell me beforehand!?"

My attitude threw him off guard for a second until a smirk graced his face. "It's one of your surprises, Y/n. Later on tonight, you'll see how much I appreciate you."

Those words stuck to me — like gum under a shoe— I simply smiled in his direction and got ready.

What are you planning, Namjoon. Ever since we became apart, you've turned into a complete different person. A cruel and selfish man...not the man that I fell in love with.

Going toward the walking closet, I chose a black dress that came to my knees. It's design was simple but it was totally my style. Placing a touch of makeup here and there was the final step. Making sure that I looked up to the task, I made my way to the living room.

A serene smile graced my face, "Ready when you are Namjoon. Let's go and enjoy the night."