⁰⁹

Artwork is not mine. All rights go to the artist who did a fantastic job on it.*

━━━━

━━━━

I had to get to the bottom of this. Namjoon thinks I'm having an affair with my best friend, with evidence of photographs.

The photographs...how did he manage to catch me in the act? Does he have someone following me or was it just coincidence?

Just then a thought crossed my mind and I immediately began to work my magic...

An hour later, I'm in a small clearing surrounded by walls covered in floral arrangements. There on the far side of the clearing are Jimmy Cakes, Tater Tots, and Kookie. I carefully made my way towards them, making sure that they don't run when they see me.

They were all taking pictures when they saw me. All of them froze, full of disbelief —probably because I found them.

I slid in a chair and placed my hands on the table. Nobody reacted, each waiting how the other will strike.

I gestured for them to talk, hoping that they will be willing to help me clarify everything. All at once they started to talk.

"What are you doing here?"

"How did you find us?"

"You're good bruh."

I held me hand up, signaling for them to hush. I pointed to Jimin to speak. "How did you find us Y/n? We were very discreet about our whereabouts. Heck even our most loyal ARMY don't know where we're at!"

I arched an eyebrow, giving him an 'are you a idiot?' look. "A picture was recently posted by one of you. I immediately recognized the designs in the walls. You do realize that I have lived here half of my life. During the weekends and breaks from school, I would explore the town. I found this place when I was 13."

Jungkook nodded his head in agreement and clapped. Taehyung still looked surprised that I found them, then something hit him. "Y/n, were you stalking us?"

"It was just this one time. I needed to talk to someone and you three are the only ones here so..."

Jungkook was the first to speak my thought, "You want to know why Namjoon is acting like this?"

I nodded and waited for the answer. Jimin and Taehyung looked at Jungkook for reassurance. Maybe to confirm if they were doing the right thing or not. Times like this, when I see what other people do what I used to do with Terry, it hurts.

Maybe now that I'm going to tell someone, it won't hurt as much.

A long sigh came from Jungkook...then he spoke, "Namjoon was—is insecure when it comes to relationships. You came into his life when he had gave up on love. Everything went perfect until he noticed that you would go quiet on certain days, or you would rather spend time with Ryan than with him."

I remember times when all I wanted to talk to Terry about my life and I couldn't. Ryan is the only connection that I have with Terry and that was made us inseparable —once upon a time.

"I know what you're talking about, Jungkook. So in his fear of me cheating...did he hire a P.I?"

Their faces contorted in confusion. "What's a P.I?"

"A private investigator...someone to basically report the daily whereabouts of a person. That's what he did, didn't he?"

Their silence was all the answer I needed. I could see reasoning behind his decision but for Pete sakes, I honestly thought he trusted me.

Well not totally and it was the same for you too, my subconscious reminded me.

"The private investigator presented various photographs to Namjoon, Y/n. The photos displayed you and Ryan coming out from a hotel. What kind of explanation do you have for that Y/n?" It was Jimin who spoke —or rather yelled.

I raked my fingers through my hair, the only way to clarify this is to tell the truth...the whole truth.

I looked each one in the eyes, "Did any of you believe me to be innocent? We have know each other for three years and you all know who I am! I've been there for you guys, just the same way for me...any of you?"

Taehyung was the only one to look me straight in the eyes after my question. I quickly turned my head, so they wouldn't see my tears. "Thank you Tae...you don't know how much that means to me. And to clarify everything, I'm going to tell you guys what connects Ryan and I."

[what do you guys think? please tell me your thoughts 🤔☺️]