Chapter 5

Thanks for all the feedback! I didn't get any votes though.....I'm almost in tears because of that! Vote it up people! Please! Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We're all gathered in the church, having the best time we've had in a while. Most of us laughing, talking, and just enjoying each other's presence. My back is against a pew with Daryl and Abby on either side of me. Sammy in front of me, and Michelle is on my lap. She just shoved a grape in my mouth.

Michelle climbed onto Daryl's lap and shoved a grape in his mouth. I smiled at my whole family. Not just my husband, daughter, sister, and niece but everyone in this church. Except for Gabriel.

"I'd like to propose a toast!" Abraham said. That got everyone to quiet down. "I look around this room, and I see survivors. Each and everyone of you, has earned that title. To the survivors!" A whole chorus of survivors filled the room. "Is that all you want to be? Wake up in the mornin', fight the undead pricks, forage for food, go to sleep at night with both eyes open, rinse, and repeat? Because, you can do that and you got the strength, you got the skill, thang is, for you people, all that you can do, is just surrender. Now, we get Eugene to Washington, he'll make the dead die and the living will have this world again. And! That is not a bad takeaway for a little roadtrip."

Judith started to make little humming sounds and Rick shushed her. I think both Michelle and Judith were getting tired because Elle was falling asleep on Daryl's shoulder. I smiled at my babies and kissed Daryl and the Elle on the forehead.

"Eugene, what's in Washington?" Abraham questioned Eugene. He started explaining all this shit that I couldn't keep up with because he was talking way too fast. And too many scientific words. After Eugene's little speech, Abraham started talking again. "However this plays out, however long it takes for the reset button to kick in, you'll be safe there. Safer than you've ever been since this whole thing started. Come with us. Save the world for those little ones. Save them for yourselves. Save it for the people out there. We've got nothing left to do except survive."

I got up off the floor. I need to go outside for some fresh air. I've been in here almost all day. Daryl grabbed my hand and quietly asked, "where you goin'?"

"Am I not allowed to go pee on my own?" I really didn't need to pee but I didn't need him out there with me. I just need some alone time.

I walked outside just as Rick started talking. The wind ran through my tangled hair and it felt rather nice. I ran a hand though my knotted hair and started walking.

Before I knew it I was on a road and Carol was doing something with what looked like a generator. A walker came out of the woods and she seemed to be able to handle it, so I let her be. As soon as she killed that walker a rustling came from behind me and I whipped around. Daryl walked out of the trees.

"Thought ye said ye had ta take a piss?" Daryl asked me. I shrugged and gave an innocent smile. Then daryl turns to Carol. "What're you doin'?"

"I don't know." Carol replied. It looked like she was telling the truth but I've noticed something has been bothering her. Besides the fact that she had to kill Lizzie.

"C'mon." Daryl motioned with his head back towards the church. He grabbed my hand and went to turn around until we heard a car. Daryl pulled me down behind a car, let go of my hand, and when the car passes ran to the edge of the road. He looked and immediately sprinted back to Carol and I, hitting out the tail lights with the butt of his crossbow.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What're you doing?! What're you doing?!" Carol and I yelled at him at the same time.

"They got Beth." Daryl breathed. Oh god. "C'mon!" I hopped in the backseat as Daryl and Carol hopped up front. He drove out of that illegal parking space and I flew around the backseat.

"Holy shit, Dare! Calm down a bit!" I scolded him. He mumbled a sorry but that didn't help that I had a headache now.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry if this is really short! I'll start updating every Sunday by next week. I'll update every story at that. Sorry, this was just a filler chapter.......again. Comment, vote, follow, share, and whatever else you can do with ten fingers! I'm hoping to see a lot more feedback from ya'll!