Leaving

Bryn

I woke up at 10:00 am.  My father came to my room and said:"Son, tonight is the royal ball. I expect you to come and to act politely there. And I told you, that if you cause just one more problem, I will send you to that boarding school at the south coast, are we clear?" he asks. "Sure, father," I answer. He's been blackmailing me with that the past two weeks, so I couldn't do things I would usually do. The last  trouble I got into was when I went to the "forbidden room of charms", for the first time. I expected many books and  potions. But all I found was only some books, which my father probably couldn't burn, because they were protected by magic. I read one spell out loud and all the dogs in the palace suddenly started howling like crazy. If people read a spell it may work, but only true magicians can use the elements, every magician has it's own, use spells without books and make potions and some of  them have special powers like  turning into one or more animals and other. I have never seen a witch or a wizard on my own eyes. And I would not even want to. My father is so scared of magic and of them. From what my father says I believe they are very dangerous. Why else would the king be scared of them and magic?

I go to the dance hall. My father sits on the throne and stares at me warningly. I just smirk. I come to sit on the chair next his throne. Immediatly two girls in a blue and a yellow dress come and bow to my father. The one in the blue dress comes close to me and says:"Your Highness, would you like to dance with me?" she asks. I am a player. But today I am not really in the mood for this. But, she's really pretty, yet she also gives me the vibes of a bitch. I don't know why. From my mouth just comes out:"Okay, what is your name?" I take her hand and we go to the dance floor. "My name is Francesca. And that girl in the yellow dress is my younger sister Alessia. I am pleased to dance with you, your Highness. I am the daughter of the countess from Lomari," she says. "I know Lomari, you have lots of lavendres there, right?" I ask. "Yes, we do. Your Highness, would you like to take a walk with me?" she asks. We just started to dance, but I really want to get out of here. "I would love to," I say, even though she is obviously not the real reason why I want to take a walk. We're just walking in the garden, silence between us. We stop under a tree and she suddenly starts kissing me. Really? I kiss her back. She is one of the worst kissers ever."Sorry, miss. I have kissed better ones, you are not a good kisser," I say. "Oh, you really are a bad boy, your Highness, aren't you?" she says angrily.  "Yeah, and now you're one of this bad boy's victims, deary," I just say and walk away. 

"Son, how could you do this?" my father asks with anger in his eyes. "What exactly do you think I did?" I ask confused. "You stole the books from the forbidden room, I don't know how you got in again, but this time it's enough. I am gonna send you to that  boarding school tommorow, but before that happens you will give the books back!" he yells at me. "I didn't do it. I have been with Francesca, the daughter of the countess from Lomari, she can confirm it," I say. "Fine, let's talk to her then," he says. We find her, crying, with her sister. "Miss Francesca Lomari, can you give my son an alibi? Have you been with him the past fifteen minutes?" my father asks. Her eyes sparkle with revenge. "No, I haven't, after we danced for like thirty seconds we went out, but he said he has some work to do and left me, that's why I am crying," she says. That bitch. But she has a right to be mad at me, I know. But that she would do this? She did. I never should have left. "But, father, she is lying, because I hurt her and she wants a revenge," I defend myself. "No, you were probably just hoping that she will save your ass, but she said the truth. I trust her. You have lied to me so many times already. I believe this young lady on one hundred percent. Where are the books?" my father asks. "I don't know , because I did not steal them! She is lying!" I yell. "Don't make a fool out of me, son. How did you even get in? The guards did not see anyone, but I know it was you! And after I sealed the door with a barrier, how could you even get in? The spell could have been unsealed only with one thing. You must have stolen it and then put it back where it was, right? But how did the guards not see you?" he asks. "It is not my fault, I wasn't even there. You are not afraid to use spells for this. Maybe they failed, you are just a human who read them from a paper. Why are you so scared of magic and sorcerers? What have they done to you? And why are you making them to live in that forest? Why?" I yell at him. "Enough, son! Go to your room, tommorow you will tell me where the books are and you will go to the boarding school or you won't and you will go to jail instead. No more girls, going outs and other stuff you do! Choose one!" he yells. The guards make me go to my room and they stay to guard the door.