Morning

The sun shone bright as it slowly woke me up. I was exhausted. I reached next to me, but found that Hiro wasn't there. Early to work again, I guess. It's been this way for the past two weeks. I never met his boss, and he never seemed to be at work when I stopped by the bakery. I never bothered to ask where he was. The girl filling in for him is very annoying, and doesn't know when to shut up. It'll be a full hour before I get a straight answer from her. As I lie in bed awake, I thought about the suspicion. I let it pass me, though.

I got up to make breakfast while it was still morning. I missed my bed. It was so soft, and smelled like Hiro. There were only five eggs left. He must've been hungry last night. I took two and boiled them. As I ate my breakfast, the table started to shake. Tremors were common in Pompeii, but this one felt...different. Very weird, really, I thought. I finished my eggs and got dressed for work. I looked in my mirror only to see that my hair look a little too shiny. It was a bit oily. I remembered that I hadn't bathed last night, because I came home pretty late. I brushed my hair until it looked decent, and sprayed myself with the expensive perfumes my mother had left me before she and my father died. I grabbed my bag then left the house. Theo, my boss, never seemed to mind if I was late, but I didn't want to be rude. Not to someone as charming as him.