#5

[A/N: I can't really apologise for my lack of updates so... je suis désolée!
Thank you all so much for 4,000+ reads! I'm blown away. You are amazing! Thank you for reading my work and feel free to comment and vote- I'd love to know what you think of the chapter. Okay, I won't keep you waiting any longer, go ahead and read what I wrote last night! Hope you enjoy it <3]

___ T

I stretch haphazardly, reaching for my incessantly blaring alarm at this ungodly hour. I check the bright screen and voilà, it's 5:30 AM. The perfect time to wake up as a college student. God, I thought high school wake-up calls were over.

Sighing at my sleep-deprivation already, I scan the room, vaguely remembering that Perce met his family last night. His bed seems empty, so he could still be with them.

Shaking off my disappointment, I get ready in 15 minutes (it took me 10 minutes to search for a non-crumpled shirt) and head out of the dorm, honey crisp apple in hand. As soon as I exit the building, my eyes locate a small figure slumped at the foot of a humongous tree. Guess I'll be late to History for the third time in a row.

"Hey, Perce. Get up." I nudge his shoulder, taking a peek at the incredibly detailed sketch on his lap. Damn, he's good. Wasn't his major medicinal though?
Glaring at his lack of response, I shake him by the shoulders (not too harshly). "HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME?" And subsequently shout in his ears. No. Response. His eyelids flutter but he stays unconscious. Christ. What am I supposed to do with him? He's clearly not waking up anytime soon, and I can't just leave him here... someone might rob him or something. Ugh. I can't afford to miss class trying to wake him up, no one would give me their notes and the professor's stubborn too, so she wouldn't give me any leeway for an extension on a paper...

The only plausible solutions to my dilemma at the moment seemed to be: (a)- leave him where he is and risk him killing me for ignoring him (he knows I go to class earlier than most) or (b)- drag/carry him back to our dorm and risk him killing me for invading his privacy. I look at his idiotically innocent face and kick myself mentally. He's going to kill me.

I put his sketchbook and dozens of pencils back in his little tote bag, swinging it over my shoulder before trying in vain to wake this log of a boy up one last time. NOTHING.

Here goes nothing, I guess. Sliding an arm under his knees and another between his sweater-clad shoulders and the rough oak tree, I attempt to hoist his limp form up, being careful of his fluffy head. He's lighter than I expected, around than 120 pounds (I bench 130 regularly), so I could manage taking him back.

With his breath filling the crevice between my neck and shoulder and his body pressed against my chest,  I couldn't help but remember yesterday's mishap. I can't help but think about his magnificent body or freckles or skin. I stomp down on them and rip my eyes away from his warmth, enveloped in my hands.

This is definitely inappropriate.

Biting down on my lip, I quicken my pace and rush to our dorm at the end of the corridor before realising I didn't have my keys in hand. Fuck.
They were in my front pocket, but I couldn't reach it without disturbing Percy. What have I gotten myself into? The hallway clock mocked me, reading 6:21 AM. 11 Minutes late to class. Fuuuuuck.

I slowly bring my knee up against the wall and try to shift a bit of his body weight onto my leg so I could locate my keys. As soon as he shifts slightly in my hold, though, he whines. Audibly. Wrapping his arms around my neck quicker than I could react/drop him. Oh God. Okay, I can do this. Sliding my hand down his calves until I reach my own jeans, digging in for my keys. His pink-stained cheeks rubbed against my shirt as I unlocked the door, holding him in place with my left arm. I almost gasp in relief when I locate my keys and immediately penetrate the keyhole with it.

Shifting Percy back to my arms is nerve-wracking. I know he's close to waking up, judging from his whines and koala-like actions, but I can't have him waking up in my arms; that would put me in a terribly compromising situation and CLASS STARTED 15 MINUTES AGO. At the same time, he could also scream and run away from me in fear, assuming that I'm stalker or something. Being extra careful, I bring my right hand to rest below his thigh, putting enough pressure to seem natural (like a plank of wood, I guess?) and lift him up again, ignoring the feeling of the embrace being wayyyy too intimate for best friends, let alone new roommates.

Finally reaching his bed, I lay him down gently, afraid he'll wake at the slightest sound. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem nearly as compliant in keeping it down. A frown creases his forehead, and his hands behind my neck refuse to let go, instead winding tighter around me. I have to physically tug him off me, his grip unflinching  even after 10 minutes of my gentle coaxing.

Giving up on trying to make it to class, I softly slap the most annoying idiot I've met today across the face, screaming at him to wake up before I get a fucking reaction.

Immediate regret washes over me as soon as he blinks open his gorgeous eyes, looking extremely disoriented up at a pissed-off roommate. Who's neck is still captive in his grip.

Why does this always happen to me?