chapter 9

Richie and I had the best time, our brownies turned out amazing. As soon as they came out of the oven, Richie cut them in the pan and brought them all over to our fort. "You wanna watch tv?" he asked. "Sure." I said. He turned on The Twilight Zone. For awhile we just sat and ate the brownies, while watching the show. It wasn't as scary as I expected it to be, but it was still creepy. We ate almost the entire tray of brownies.

       "Shit, i'm so fat." I said laughing. "Are you joking? You're actually perfect." Richie said. "No i'm not." I said laughing. "I don't even know why you like me." "Are you fucking joking? I'm a fucking trash mouth. No one ever likes me. You are literally perfect and I don't deserve you at all." Richie said, smiling. "No way." I said. "Yes way." he said back, before pulling me into his arms.

We were sitting on the ground made of pillows and blankets, and I wrapped my arms around him. I burrowed my head into his chest, wishing that I could stay like this forever. I could feel his chest moving with every breath. I looked up at him, and he kissed my forehead gently. I could feel my face getting hot, and I kissed him on the lips.

After a bit, he pulled away, and said "I really have to tell you something." "What's up?" I said, concerned. "I need you to know something about me and the other losers. You probably won't believe me when I tell you, but you have to know that this is the complete truth. None of it is a lie, and it all really happened." "Okay..." I trailed off. I had no idea where he was going with this. He then said "Okay so about 2 years ago, me and the losers had a interaction, with some sort of thing." "What do you mean?" I asked. He began explaining this very long situation, about how they would all see what they were most scared of, and a clown. He told me that they defeat it, but he had his doubts.

"You probably don't believe me, right?" he asked. "No, I believe you." "Wait, what?" "Well, I figured that you wouldn't lie to me, and that story was much too detailed to be a lie." I said. "Oh my god, thank you. No one ever believes me. Ever." he said, as he pulled me into a hug.

I hugged back, but I pulled away and said "Richie..." "What is it baby?" "What if it comes for you, or for us?" I asked, worried. "Oh no, don't worry, it's okay. We did the math, it comes back every 27 years. So if it is still alive, it won't be here anytime soon." "Okay." I said, with a sigh of relief.

"I'll have to tell the losers that I told you." "Yeah." I agreed. "So now that we're done with depressing shit, what do you want to do?" he said, chuckling. I checked the clock. It was 11:54. "We don't have to go to a bed for a bit so we can like watch tv or talk before we fall asleep." I said. "Sounds good." Richie said, as he turned the tv on. We laid down in the fort, like we were in bed.

       We watched tv for a little bit, and then I felt eyes on me. I looked over and Richie was staring. "What is it?" I asked. "Oh, nothing, i'm just glad that I can stare at you whenever I want now." he said. "That's the cutest thing i've ever heard." I said, chuckling. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in for a kiss. We stayed like that for awhile, our arms intertwined behind each other's backs, and our lips never breaking from each other.

      "My god you're beautiful." Richie muttered. I just blushed, and kissed him again. I figured it was getting pretty late. "Hey, maybe we should work on the sleeping part of this sleepover." I said, with a smile. "Yeah, i'm tired." he said, while he yawned. "Okay, i'm just going to go on my back like this." I said, facing the opposite way. Then, I felt his arms wrap around my waist, and I felt his body right behind mine. I fell asleep in his arms like that, feeling safe.