Not For The Kingdom, For You

Camelot
It had been exactly three months since his beautiful bride-to-be had cheated on him, and Arthur, having no choice, banished Guinevere off to Ealdor. About a month afterwards he had decided it would be best if he married the Princess Mithian, in hopes of making the king of Nemeth, her father, a close ally. But Arthur, seated on the end of his bed, the sun setting through the open curtains, was beginning to question his decision. At that moment Merlin, his faithful man-servant, who secretly was a sorcerer and a dragon lord, burst in.
     "Arthur, you really need to start getting ready. The knighting ceremony is in half an hour and your still in your riding clothes!" He said hotly.
     "Merlin tell me, am I doing the right thing? Marrying Princess Mithian?" Arthur asked, staring at the floor.
      Merlin sighed, "Arthur, you need to do what's best for you. Not for the kingdom, for you." He paused, "you should take Mithian on a picnic tomorrow and see how you feel after."
     "Alright," Arthur cracked a smile. "I'll try it, but if it doesn't help, I'll throw you in the stocks."
     "Deal." And with that Merlin grabbed Arthur's coat and sword and followed him down to the knighting ceremony, hoping Arthur would come to his senses and send Mithian home before things got to deep.