The Lake of Avalon

Arthur, Percival, Gwaine, Leon, and Elyan all descended from their horses, swords held at the ready. The trees loomed above them, shuddering and swaying in the swift breeze passing through the valley.
    "Which way?" Leon asked, turning to look at the others.
    "Go left." Gwaine said, tossing a half eaten apple aside.
    "Well there goes our food supply." Leon huffed, watching the apple roll down a ditch with hungry eyes.
    "How do you know which way to go?" Arthur wondered aloud, playfully slapping Gwaine harmlessly on the back with his blade.
    "Can smell the salty water." Replied the sturdy knight, tossing his long hair off his shoulder.
    He proved to be right, for minutes after heading left they reached the Lake of Avalon. Arthur bent down, filling his canteen with the clear water.
    "That should do it." He said, corking the bottle. "We'll set up camp here, maybe for a few days."
    The men built a fire and soon afterward night fell. Everyone but Arthur was fast asleep. The king was sharpening his sword, preparing to spend a full night in the forest searching for this famous stone. Arthur stood up, adjusted his chain mail, and set off for the woods, sword held in a death grip.
    He wandered around for hours before finally returning to camp. By then the rest of the men were awake and eating breakfast. Arthur was surprised he was even alive.
    "So how was it Princess?" Gwaine eyed Arthur's plain, normal sword. "Find it?"
    "Obviously not."
    The knight's expression changed from comical to serious. "C'mon Arthur, you need to believe in yourself. Don't just walk around hoping for a miracle, be the miracle."
"Thanks Gwaine." Arthur sat down, head in his hands. He needed to save Merlin, or else his kingdom would fall. But if he couldn't find the sword, he couldn't kill Morgana. Arthur inhaled deeply, forehead wrinkled in frustration. Gwaine was right, he needed to believe in himself. But he was searching for a sword that was probably impossible to find.
    The king leaned back against a tree and closed his eyes. Memories swirled with words and words with visions. As the king fell into a deep slumber the moon sparkled brighter, stars aligning into a perfect path for the pressured king.