two | the reunion

Mike had given them an address to an Asian restaurant

Mike had given them an address to an Asian restaurant. Layla stood in front of it for a moment, the bright, lights glaring back at her.

''Layla?" Bill called, walking over and grabbing her hand.

''What if I can't?" Layla asked, tearing her eyes away from the sign. ''What if I'm not strong enough?"

''You are the strongest, most fiercest woman I know. I'm happy to call someone like that my wife.'' Bill said lovingly. ''You ready?''

Layla shook her head slowly, ''I think.''

Bill nodded and led them inside, and a waitress took them to the back. No one was there yet, so she was wondering if anyone would actually come.

''Bill? Layla?" A voice called.

They turned their heads to see Mike Hanlon standing there, a bright smile on his face. He brought them into a tight hug, making Layla let out a laugh. ''Good to see you, Mike.''

''I didn't know if any of them would come, but I knew you two would.'' Mike rushed.

''Losers . . . '' Bill trailed off, trying to find the right words to say.

''Losers stick together.'' Layla finished, giving her husband a smile.

''I see you two finally tied the knot.'' Mike said, motioning towards Layla's ring on her left hand.

''She was the o-one. Ever since w-we were k-kids.'' Bill explained, trying to control his stutter.

''I think we always knew, or at least I did.'' Layla joked, smiling at Mike.

''You said losers.'' Mike said, realizing something. ''That's good - that's good. What else do you two remember?"

They were cut off by someone else speaking, ''I'm allergic to soy, anything with egg in it, gluten, and if I eat a cashew I could . . . realistically die.''

Standing in front of them, was Eddie Kaspbrak.

''Holy shit.'' Eddie said, staring at the trio in front of him. Suddenly a gong was hit, making everyone turn around. Beverly Marsh, Ben Hanscom, and Richie Tozier stood before all of them.

''This meeting of the Loser's Club has officially begun.'' Richie announced.

The only thing that was missing, is that Stanley Uris hadn't shown up yet.

''Look at these guys,'' Eddie chuckled.

They all just stared at each other, while Richie pointed behind Ben and mentioned how big he was, and now was incredibly fit.