[29] Spontaneity

“Say aaah,” The tan guy bellows.

“What are you doing?” You eyed the guy in confusion earning a chuckle from him.

“Doing what couples usually do when they are on a date?” Jongin beamed before pushing into his mouth a spoonful of gelato.

You scoffed at him shaking your head in frustration, internally laughing inside. “We’re not on a date Jongin.” You reminded eyeing the guy, arms crossed in front of your chest. “And have you forgotten I’m not good with sweets?”

“We are not?” He asked in disbelief, obviously in teasing tone playing along. “Well, you don’t have to worry about it. I’m with you anyway.”

You chuckled rolling your eyes. When your attention landed on a familiar figure standing few meters away from the shop you and Jongin were at. For a moment, you contemplated where you have seen him making your eyebrows furrowed in between. Jongin not missing to notice it waved his hand in front of you to get your attention.

“What’s wrong?” He asked trailing the direction where you’re currently looking at, unfortunately the subject of your attention has been long gone making Jongin missed what’s happening.

“N-nothing…” You whispered still thinking, “I just saw someone I think I’ve seen before, I just can’t remember where.” You explained finally averting your gaze from outside the window. “Anyway, are you done yet? We need to get back now. I still need to prepare dinner you know.”

“Uh…Yep, I’m done.” He said finally getting the bags of groceries you’d bought, before standing up. Jongin eyed the other bag you’re holding on your other hand, and you took notice of what he meant about it.

“No, it’s ok, I can carry this.” You defended.

“You always say that. I know you can, but you’re missing the point.” Jongin exhaled shaking his head. He grabbed the bag hugging it to his other arm, and even before you could react, you felt Jongin’s hand slid into yours making your cheeks blushed furiously. “Ah~ much better.” He proudly said grinning forward before looking at you, dragging you towards the door out of the ice cream parlor, protesting is not even an option.

You were already half way to the parking lot when you reminded Jongin if he had gotten what the youngest requested ─ a new set of colored pen. Jongin made a run for it after you reminded him but even before you could go back to the passenger seat, you accidentally bumped into someone.

“Oh, wait…” He contemplated, “aren’t you the pregnant girl?” He greeted in astonishment. You were surprised to see the guy again that you noticed earlier.

“What?” It took you seconds to rationalize the words the man had said, but when you saw him smiled that’s when it hits you, “Park Ahjussi?”

“Well, it’s Kim actually.” He corrected.

“No, I meant the Ahjussi in the park.” You reasoned out not knowing why you even bothered to explain it.

He just laughed before ruffling your hair. “You’re still a funny child.”

“I’m not trying to be funny though.” You pouted before smiling genuinely right after, earning a chuckle from the old man, “How have you been Ahjussi?”

“Good, trying to change for the better.”

“That’s good to hear.” You smiled feeling good.

“Appa!” A boy called inside the car that’s parked just beside yours and Jongin’s.

“Alright, alright! I’m coming!” He half shouted giggling before turning towards you. “Looks like I need to go now. It’s really nice to see you again. Here, if you still haven’t gotten any job right now, contact me I might be able help you out on that.” He muttered handing you a business card before patting the top of your head. You just smiled at him in response.