Pulling my strings

~~~~~~~~ CHAPTER NINE ~~~~~~~~

Kyle's POV

I saw Nathan and Carter go over to Destinee, who seemed to be completely entranced with writing in the same book from back during music class. The guys shadows caused her to tell them to move out of her light, so they did, sitting in front of her.

"Kyle baby, lets go into a science classroom and learn some chemistry, real chemistry" Taren purred into my ear. I ignored her and continued watching the guys with Destinee.

Her eyes even from a fair distance away you could tell they had fire in them as she looked directly into both of their eyes. "I'm not your favourite girl anymore, lots of things have changed, me being the biggest. Goodbye"she said to them in a dangerous voice before standing up with her things and stalking right out of school, not having a care in the world about class next.

Everyone's eyes seemed to be watching every step Destinee took and the guys sitting on the ground with shock, hurt and confusion clear on their faces with eager eyes.

I slightly pushed Taren off my lap making her squeal and plomp onto her own seat with a frown. I didn't spare her a glance as I walked towards the guys as they started to stand up and walk towards me.

"Hey what happened? She just stormed out of school" I stated with an eyebrow raised.  

"At first she thought we were some other people named 'Maddie' and 'Josh' then she somehow knew they weren't us and looked up" Nathan explained.

I nodded my head for more.  

"Then I asked 'would our favourite girl want to come over and catch up' then she exploded. Her eyes held this dangerous fire" Carter finished. I gave them blank faces.  

"I think we should give her some space, she's obviously surprised and overwhelmed with our appearence" I said then left them to go to class, as the bell had just rang.

I walked to my next class which was extended math but before I could even make it to the door my phone rang. I took it out of my jean pockets and saw the caller id. I quickly opened up an empty closet room and locked it.

"hey mum!" I answered.  

"hey hun, im just calling to let you know that your manager called about meeting up after school for your duet with a girl?..." she informed me confused. I had to chuckle at her.  

"Mum you know the famous singer named Dez? Well she'll be performing a record with the band and I" I filled her in.

"Ooooh, okay well then, just make sure you and guys go straight after school, okay?" she asked.  

"Yeah mum we'll get there on time. Don't worry. Love you Mum, bye" I ended.  

I heard a quick 'goodbye' before I hanged up.

I exited the classroom and quickly texted the guys about the meeting after school and not to take to long. I sat at my maths table by myself as my 'partner' was away today.

~~~~~~~~

After school had finished the boys and I quickly met up at the front of the school and we all jumped into my car.

We drove to a very familiar building that 

we haven't visited for years. Destinee's dads record company, 'Stars Record'.  

"Dude I'm so pumped! We haven't been here in so long, I'm ready to fill the halls with our music once again" Carter said, his face just lighted up instantly when he saw the building.

I grinned at the building. It brought back so many memories. The guys and I entered the building going up to the front desk.  

"Welcome to Star Records, what can I do for you?" the accountant asked. She looked at us fully once we didn't reply and her eyes grew huge.