Chapter One

My gaze lands upon Princess Kiara, also known as the 'Dark One' among the enemies. Her golden gaze meets mine. The pleading expression causes me to nod. She lets out the breath she is holding as she nods. The head of the Guard, Talon, and his second, Hayden follow close behind.

They are on edge, as a result of entering the enemy's territory.

"My Queen," Talon murmurs.

"Yes?" I turn to continue to walk toward the castle.

"What is the cost for the end of the war?" He questions.

I stay silent. "All that matters is our people will be safe."

Talon wants to speak more but does not.

My senses disturbed as I approach the royal table. Much like parliament, they advise the king in everything.

"Princess Kiara the king shall not s-" She pushes open the door to the throne room.

"Sister, I requested..." He pauses looking upon us. "Who have you brought this time sister, more strays?" He waves his hand bored.

"Brother, I-" He cuts her off.

"Nevermind, just take them wherever away from me." He turns back to his paperwork.

"Brother!" He looks up annoyed.

"I said enough Kiara," He pauses, "Tell me when the blue-eyed demon arrives, and take away these commoners."

His sister goes to speak, but I stop her. "Prince Kai, what a pleasure," I remove my hood, and his head snaps up, revealing no expression.

"Hm," He stands. "You are the water breathers, figures. Where is the ruling Queen and king?" He says bored.

I remove my cloak as Talon grabs it to hold. "Remember Prince, you are the one that wished to speak of an alliance, therefore, I will give you respect as long as I get it," I say calmly.

He thinks for a minute. "Forgive me, it has been a hectic day, and I did not wish to take it out on you princess." He stands. "Perhaps you would like to warm up, I can have Kiara help you to your room to fend off the cold." His voice condescending toward us.

"The cold does not serve as a problem. I would rather speak now," I say forcefully.

"Very well, Kiara, take the guards and bring the counsel in."

She goes to rush out my guards, but I stop her, "They are my counsel. They are to stay,"

"Guards as counsel members? How..." He stops and shakes his head sitting at the long table.

Thirteen men appear. Only men. They see me and they turn away not recognizing who I am. I smile as I take the head of the other side of the table. The men look angry. "You cannot sit there, that is the head generals spot you insolent little-"

"Enough," Prince Kai grits out. "Gentlemen, may I introduce you to the Princess of Aegaeon." The men look over glaring, an outroar going around.

"What is this weak thing doing here, where is the Queen?! Why can't-"

"Enough," My voice booms making them angrier. "I am here for peace. I have been contacted by this kingdom for that chance, so if you men will hold your lips, I can explain my purpose."

"We know your purpose little girl, you are here for the marriage. Simply a means to an end. Nobody wishes you here." The head counsel member states savagely.

"Hm, I was invited here to discuss-" The door slams open. A woman walks in with Kiara next to her.

"I have spoken with the Queen of Aegaeon, and she has agreed to peace, for both the Helios and Aegaeon. You, my son, will do best to remember this."