Chapter Three

The date for the wedding had been set for this week. I had to lift my chin up and save my people. This marriage is going to save billions of people even if I may not be happy about it, and that's fine. Although, it wasn't my to-do list, I had to help plan the wedding as if I was going to be a lovely bride and we'd be happy together, eventually finding love or that we already had it. He doesn't remember though.

Eventually, the wedding came and went as if it were only a zeptosecond. The royals made a large feast of it there were boars, venison, fruits of all kinds and Solusyon their favorite drink to get tipsy. Upon our marriage came our coronation. I kept looking out hoping he would not show, thankfully he did not. King Jonathan walked me down to his son. All the while, he looked behind me. Where his harpy of a woman, Celine, stood in as my bridesmaid for lack of females from my side.

The lace veil hiding my expressions allowing me to compose myself.

The vows are spoken and rings are given. The 'I do' comes quickly from both sides. My veil is lifted and our fate is sealed with a quick, passionless kiss.

I stand here now with his arm wrapped around me keeping up the facade. He is greeting guests as I do. It is time for toasts. Solusyon is poured around to each guest and 'congratulations' is given.

He taps the glass with his spoon, the sound vibrating across the room. "I would like to make an announcement." Everyone was rapt with attention. "I have a gift for my Queen, my wife, my fury." People laugh at the last one. My heart pains as I look back on the past.

The door opens revealing two men holding leashes with a great amount of force behind them.

"I know how your love of animals is beyond this world so I decided to find these boys." Two purebred white wolves are revealed. Each with a harness, muzzle, and collar that look too tight to even let them breathe. They look groomed and pained despite their outward experience and they stay quiet through it all.

"To our future," He raises his glass again. Cheers surround the room at his cruel gift. The two wolves are held tightly by the men. Each having wary blue eyes that have seen too much of humanity's cruelty.

"Please, my Queen, go to them." Kai ushers. I glare at him discreetly, and my heart hurts for them.

I walk over to them taking the leashes from the men rather forcefully. I can see their urge to attack. I lower myself to their levels. They regard me with fear, anger, and eventually calmness. I reach my hands out gently to their necks I can feel them stiffen to the unusual kindness. I take their collars into a gentle grasp and make them extremely loose. I will slip them off easily. After I finish one, I do the same to the other. I remove the muzzles carefully after the leashes are taken care of. I can feel their surprise and thankfulness wash over them. Silently asking them to behave and they do. Kai is looking on shocked, mouth wanting to open in awe. They stay by my side easily. They nuzzled each other and eventually me still showering me in gratitude.

I can see everyone weary about the lack of restraint and I mentally smile.

I am near Kai for the rest of the night almost like the wolves on the leashes. We have the newlywed dance, and the cutting of the cake, the boring simple reception after the wedding.

Soon everyone leaves and it's honeymoon time. On my wedding night, he walks to his lover and go to her bedchamber. I take a stroll to the garden the wolves following in my gloom. They rest easily at my side. Strangely, animals are calculated, they will attack if provoked, thankfully they did not attack me, but I've always had a way with animals.

I speak as if they understand. "I shall release you two when I can get you both far away. I just need to figure out your home. I fear hunters if I were to let you free in our forests." Their heads perk up at my words. I look down and I lower myself to the ground from the bench. They nuzzle my hand happily licking. The despair of my future hits me like a sword to the heart. The tears I've been holding back finally fall. The wolves stand by me confused greatly. The sobs fill my body with a hopeless feeling.